User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bobby128
(member) Fri 01-Nov-13 10:08:39
Print Post

Ukfsn mail

[link to this post]

Is anyone else having problems with ukfsn emails.
I can't connect AGAIN to read all myspam, and the odd email of some use.

Jason fix plz
Standard User bubieyehyeh
(member) Fri 01-Nov-13 10:37:49
Print Post

Re: Ukfsn mail

[re: bobby128] [link to this post]

Yes the mail server and website both seem to be down
Standard User bobby128
(member) Fri 01-Nov-13 13:56:14
Print Post

[re: bubieyehyeh] [link to this post]

This problem should be sorted by Jason, without someone needing to post on a public forum. But this is the only way to grab his attention.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User sydb
(newbie) Fri 01-Nov-13 17:41:43
Print Post

My router is unable to authenticate today, and the UKFSN web site is down. Could this all be related? I'm having to tether to my phone to go online.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 01-Nov-13 17:53:41
Print Post

[re: sydb] [link to this post]

If you are on Entanet, ring support there to see why you can't authenticate. They actually provide the service.

Edit - 0333 101 0600

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.8/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 01-Nov-13 17:55:06)

Standard User sydb
(newbie) Fri 01-Nov-13 18:03:14
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
If you are on Entanet, ring support there to see why you can't authenticate. They actually provide the service.

Edit - 0333 101 0600

Thank you very much - but I have to say I'm not 100% sure who my wholesaler is! laugh

It's been Entanet and C&W in the past, but I've had several lines provisioned with ADSL by UKFSN over the years.

I log in with [email protected] (I'm not really Syd Barrett but I'm not sure I want to publish my real details). Does that tell you who I'm with?
Standard User Lethe
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 01-Nov-13 18:04:21
Print Post

Must of been a bad one - even I lost email server today wink

But email is back up again - haven't checked the web services.

Reference the router not connecting (or rather not routing)... it could have been caused by using UKFSN dns servers - they might have gone awol also.

Nick
Standard User sydb
(newbie) Fri 01-Nov-13 18:07:15
Print Post

[re: Lethe] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Lethe:
Must of been a bad one - even I lost email server today wink

But email is back up again - haven't checked the web services.

Reference the router not connecting (or rather not routing)... it could have been caused by using UKFSN dns servers - they might have gone awol also.

Nick

That sounds like progress. website is still unavailable.

I said my router could not authenticate, and it's the truth, honest!
Standard User Lethe
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 01-Nov-13 18:09:03
Print Post

I dunno, it is getting a bit of a mess frown

Nick
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Fri 01-Nov-13 18:10:23
Print Post

lol

Standard User Lethe
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 01-Nov-13 18:10:56
Print Post

I am with Enta, and my dsl login is [email protected]

I dunno what supplier your one is for at all.

Nick
Standard User sydb
(newbie) Fri 01-Nov-13 18:12:17
Print Post

thanks, I guess I must have been with Daisy and they just took their time disconnecting me frown
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 01-Nov-13 19:20:44
Print Post

Is that your login to your account or mail? It looks more like that sort of thing than an ADSL login for your broadband.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User sydb
(newbie) Fri 01-Nov-13 19:21:17
Print Post

definitely my adsl login, I read it off my router's admin pages.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 01-Nov-13 19:28:39
Print Post

If you are on a "Family" package, that is Enta. "Premium" packages are O2 Wholesale, but that may have been via Daisy. They cold also be Enta, as Enta LLU I believe is O2 Wholesale.

Anything else I wouldn't like to say, as they aren't on his website (which is up at the moment) any more, and didn't Jason say his only broadband supplier is now Enta?

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 01-Nov-13 20:04:34)

Standard User sydb
(newbie) Fri 01-Nov-13 19:47:01
Print Post

What happened with me was I received a (bulk) email from Jason on 17th October saying that "one of our wholesale suppliers" had made some error and ceased my service without notice, to quote the email "This took effect on Tuesday and is the reason your connection stopped working" and that he was recommending a move to O2 LLU. However, I had not been disconnected on Tuesday (the 15th) or any other day, my service was working as normal. I emailed him to tell him this, and received no reply. I assumed the email must have been incorrectly sent to me and thought no more of it. My ADSL service continued to work... until today.

And today my service has apparently been terminated. I assume from this thread that the wholesale supplier in question was Daisy and I must have been with them, maybe they just forgot to disconnect me accidentally on the 15th and got round to it today laugh

Anyway, I've emailed Jason, hopefully he'll get back to me soonish so I can make some arrangement to get online, it's sort of important to me.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 01-Nov-13 22:06:28
Print Post

I recently read that O2 Wholesale is closing, so it looks like you're running out of options. If being online truly is important to you, I'm rather surprised by your choice of ISP.

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User sydb
(newbie) Fri 01-Nov-13 22:23:20
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
I recently read that O2 Wholesale is closing, so it looks like you're running out of options. If being online truly is important to you, I'm rather surprised by your choice of ISP.

I have used UKFSN for ADSL since about 2003/4, at my current home since 2005, and I have had very little trouble with my service.

So my choice of ISP was made a long time ago, and has not been an issue. I grant you that there may be reason for concern now, but I did not choose my ISP now.

I also read something similar about O2, and in any case Jason's current position is that he is only using Entanet. I have used Entanet in the past, through UKFSN. If I can have service through them again, then that will be fine. I do not know if this is possible, I don't see why not. I await Jason's reply to my email.

Edited by sydb (Fri 01-Nov-13 22:26:52)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 01-Nov-13 22:35:41
Print Post

The only time I called UKFSN support, his mom answered the phone. Believe it or not, that rang alarm bells for me.

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User sydb
(newbie) Fri 01-Nov-13 22:48:02
Print Post

The only time I called UKFSN support, his mom answered the phone. Believe it or not, that rang alarm bells for me.

His mom? Were you dialing +44? laugh

Just because he lives with his mum (his mum may live with him) is no reason to think him incompetent. I have long thought he had too much work to deal with himself, and put any problems down to workload.

I have just read about the many fines for late filing. That's slightly more worrying, as I could have put him on to a decent accountant at £80 a month. There's no need to endure these fines.

I'm not totally stupid, I know I may need to look elsewhere. I'll do some research. But if he gets back to me (hurry up Jason! I'm your customer with an 01383 code) soon with a solution then that'll be OK.

Edited by sydb (Fri 01-Nov-13 22:48:59)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 01-Nov-13 22:48:12
Print Post

There are many Entanet resellers. Vivaciti, Aquiss, and Freeola for starters.

I suggest you do immediately get ISP-independent email. Have a read of this page, which has a link to the one I use and recommend.

You could be up and running within an hour of reading this, and let your UKFSN one die off. If you have a domain through them, it depends how they organise those how easy it is to move it. See the page I linked to.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 01-Nov-13 23:21:42
Print Post

It's not his living arrangements that imply incompetence, it's the failure to abide by company law and the failure to complete statutory returns that imply incompetence. The loss of a major wholesale provider, who appears to have pulled the plug and walked away, indicates all is not well.

BTW the term mom is in common use around the West Midlands, should you ever decide to travel.

Standard User sydb
(newbie) Fri 01-Nov-13 23:30:52
Print Post

It's not his living arrangements that imply incompetence, it's the failure to abide by company law and the failure to complete statutory returns that imply incompetence. The loss of a major wholesale provider, who appears to have pulled the plug and walked away, indicates all is not well.

BTW the term mom is in common use around the West Midlands, should you ever decide to travel.

Well the content of the post I was replying to indicated you were most concerned with his living arrangements, didn't it? smile

And I'll give you it, I haven't spent long in your area, but I've traveled just plenty, thanks. And yes, come to think of it, I've seen "mom" used by someone from W.M. I take back my smart remark.

Edited by sydb (Fri 01-Nov-13 23:31:20)

Standard User sydb
(newbie) Fri 01-Nov-13 23:33:13
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
There are many Entanet resellers. Vivaciti, Aquiss, and Freeola for starters.

I suggest you do immediately get ISP-independent email. Have a read of this page, which has a link to the one I use and recommend.

You could be up and running within an hour of reading this, and let your UKFSN one die off. If you have a domain through them, it depends how they organise those how easy it is to move it. See the page I linked to.

Thank you, very useful smile

Although I should say I am accessing my UKFSN email just fine at the moment, via their webmail, and my email is routed through another provider, who I also use for domains, so these are not an issue.

Edited by sydb (Fri 01-Nov-13 23:35:15)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 01-Nov-13 23:39:51
Print Post

All I wanted when I called, was to talk to support. I was taken aback by the answer I got and as I say, alarm bells sounded. When I pay money to a business, I expect to treated as a customer. I appreciate it's no longer a business.

Standard User ukfsn
(knowledge is power) Sun 03-Nov-13 09:46:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by bobby128:
Is anyone else having problems with ukfsn emails.
I can't connect AGAIN to read all myspam, and the odd email of some use.

Jason fix plz

Please accept my apologies for the interruption to the email service. The email server had a hardware failure and it took until almost 18:00 to get the immediate hardware issue resolved and a further 30 minutes to get the service back online.

No incoming email was lost as our backup MX server continued to operate.

I'm going to be doing some work this coming week to improve resilience within the email service.

UK Free Software Network
http://www.ukfsn.org/
ADSL Broadband, Hosting, Domains, SSL and more
Standard User Lethe
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 03-Nov-13 18:17:35
Print Post

[re: ukfsn] [link to this post]

Thanks Jason,

But I was a bit worried yesterday...

Nick
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread