User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User flippery
(committed) Thu 16-Oct-14 17:10:13
Print Post

Re: Congestion

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

I believe there is a link between new fibre installs and speed reductions. A number of other posts show speed reductions.under simillar cicircumstances.
Here whilst speed varies little. During day very often link spins but does not connect. OK evenings.
With BT, will wait until install completes before making decision.
Standard User professor973
(experienced) Thu 16-Oct-14 17:13:56
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Do you have any direct links to Enta help? Many of the resellers help used to default to there at night.

No Bob I don't. To be fair to Freeola, it's not their problem if it's a line or line noise problem as they are not my line suppliers and have stated intermittent noise is the problem, which is a problem to spot. Until I do, I am between a rock and a hard place. Phone was hard wired here when I moved in and after a quote of around £175 if I remember correctly, I stuffed a NTe5 in myself, upgrading to a ADSL Nation filtered faceplate a few years later. Just ordered a genuine BT Wholesale V3 vdsl faceplate, as I have to make sure all is well here to avoid callout charges. Shouild have another Billion 7800N here tomorrow I picked up for peanuts, so that should double check everything, though will have to be careful as within 10 day training again. No extension wiring here at all, so should then be safe to give Zen a prod if this keeps up.

Edited by professor973 (Thu 16-Oct-14 17:18:02)

(experienced) Thu 16-Oct-14 17:16:39
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

Thanks, I will do. Had no need for fibre till now, with a rock solid 14mb Freeola connection for two and a half years. Fibre being installed on our other connection 400 miles north and very similar situation.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(experienced) Thu 16-Oct-14 19:50:14
Print Post

Just popped off a mail to Zen as instructed by Freeola, but I have to admit that their logic is beyond me. I can understand noise causing all sorts of problems, but for the life of me, I can't see how a 90 minute outage on the 9th has "left noise on the line", which is the Freeola explanation. Does that make sense to anybody else?

Standard User sbrads
(member) Fri 17-Oct-14 10:17:24
Print Post

Sounds exactly like the issues I had a few years back when my line was intermittent for several months, with speeds up and down like a yo-yo, frequent disconnects. One engineer callout came to nothing, but luckily a couple of months later it got worse and I could then hear crackles on the phone, as could the operator on a line test. BT leapt into action at this stage and sent out an engineer who seemed more clued up. I tailed him when he checked the line in my street and I saw all the cables totally submerged in water under the pavement. He tried a spare line and that was OK and has remained so.

Steve
(experienced) Fri 17-Oct-14 16:16:33
Print Post

[re: sbrads] [link to this post]

Zen have now confirmed a line issue. They just want two more tests with all unplugged to protect me from a charge. Only just picked up their reply, been viewing horses to buy then on tho races at Newmarket. Just hoping I can get it sorted before traveling next Thursday.

(experienced) Sat 18-Oct-14 12:14:20
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

Just a week or two before fibre can be ordered here. Always said with 14mbps down I don't need it, but after struggling to upload 4 small video clips to a family member last night, of horses we viewed for sale yesterday, I NEED more upload. After calling Zen my line provider and confirming line noise fault this morning, I have to say I am very pleased with the service, along with an assurance of an engineer fix by Monday. Realise that is down to BTO, but may well lean that way for fibre, as cheaper means Primus or Plusnet and got one T-shirt!
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/452d3b55c84...

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 18-Oct-14 12:22:09
Print Post

How much "allowance" do you need? The AAISP Home: offerings are quite good.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.2/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
(experienced) Sat 18-Oct-14 13:00:30
Print Post

Will take a look Bob. Five or six years ago, I was happy with the B.T 100gb, though things have moved on now, as I watch all sport via wiziwig or nowwatchlivetv.com . Always preferred unlimited and exploit it to save the likes of Sky etc. Freeola a little different, with un-metered from 7:00pm and all weekend making the 40gb packege enough, with no need to sit up till midnight for unmetered. Always had good service from them and 10 minute answer to tickets, though this fault has dragged on. I cannot get my head round their explanation of a 90 minute outage being what has caused permanent line noise. It took a lot of prodding to get that. It was just ' noise on line, see line supplier'. I understand that, but not their explanation for the line noise. As I have said, I am sure it, and the outage being caused by the fibre work. Zen agree, have moved fast with good explanation of what is happening. Freeola will do fibre with the Enta roll-out now, but very expensive. How things have been for a couple of months, i was thinking I may as well go cheapo Primus lol. That said, they are recently revamped. What I have wanted to avoid for years is contract tie-in, though realise fibre a different ballpark. Will see how things are Monday. May need another line reset with all this testing, as in the middle of a 10 day now.

Edited by professor973 (Sat 18-Oct-14 13:01:48)

Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Sat 18-Oct-14 17:34:25
Print Post

Shame 'Freeola Rob' hasn't seen your posts...

FWIW I moved to Freeola FTTC a month ago!
At the moment you have to ask them for pricing etc. - as I like so many of their other services this all works great for me smile
But a fully 'unlimited' package would be nice as it's a bit of a pain checking usage - and with a decent connection it can easily be used (yes kids I'm looking at you!).

Backing up some BIG video files as I'm writing this using my free unlimited Freeola LiveDrive account. My upload changing from 0.4 > 6 makes a big difference!!!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to