User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User freeola
(member) Mon 20-Oct-14 23:28:20
Print Post

Re: Congestion

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

I can see the profile is now just above 9Mb and the connection was on for 1 hour and now 2 hours but before that there were loads of reconnections due to lost carrier.
I have to agree with your assumption the the problem is somewhere along the d-side but if it was just the joint BTO fixed I would expect a quicker recovery so they may only have fixed part of the problem and I'm not going to guess where it is. I'd be inclined to setup you router back to however it was before the issue and then leave it as it may just confuse thing altering the SNR from your end for now. I hope it improves and I'll try and keep an eye on things here but I have a busy few days ahead so may not get the chance to pop back for updates. I will point Charles in the direction of this thread though so he can see your concerns.

Freeola
http://freeola.com - Broadband, Hosting & Instant Sites - Support

Edited by freeola (Mon 20-Oct-14 23:29:26)

Standard User professor973
(experienced) Mon 20-Oct-14 23:39:26
Print Post

[re: freeola] [link to this post]

Thanks for your reply again. I am away Thursday for three weeks, so it will have time to settle, though I can monitor the connection with the Thinkbroadband Quality Monitor. Will leave it in your hands for the next few days. Thanks again.

(experienced) Thu 23-Oct-14 22:31:03
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

After the BTO line repair, things are looking worse now that I have ordered Freeola to take the brakes off the line. Far worse the pre-repair. I don't see why I should have to put up with a throttled line to cover a fault that suppliers cannot fix.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/9c0ab536e12...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 23-Oct-14 23:43:31
Print Post

Looks a bit poor frown.

There's quite a lot of thread now, but have we checked it isn't the router dying? Or its power supply?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
(experienced) Fri 24-Oct-14 00:03:41
Print Post

Took delivery of another Billion 7800N for up here and gave that a try. Gave that a try and fitted a new MK3 vdsl faceplate after the repair. Traveled up to EE land today. Never thought i would be glad to come back to it lol. Really washed my hands on it. All the noise, lost packets are at peak times, which is a pointer. Exactly who is at fault between Freeola/Zen/BTO I am not sure. Either way, it is not down to me to fix. Even if it is the fault of neither and is noise on the line, a fibre switch is one way to get away from it. When BB dropped 12 times in an hour the other day, Freeola said it was carrier drop, suggesting they may need to raise a Broadband fault. Either way, I am past caring, they can sort it between them, or I am off.

Standard User freeola
(member) Fri 24-Oct-14 12:51:31
Print Post

Hello,
Back from a busy few days.
I'm not sure why you got the stability removed as it seemed to be doing some good. Yes you connection is below the speed you were getting before but with the stability added the repeated disconnects were getting better and the line speed increased but I admit I may have misunderstood the reasoning!
I've asked support to keep an eye on your line while you are away to see if it recovers. Other than that I can't see there is a lot more that can be done remotely so a SFI engineer would be the next step, at the risk of getting charged.

Rob

Freeola
http://freeola.com - Broadband, Hosting & Instant Sites - Support
(experienced) Fri 24-Oct-14 13:33:02
Print Post

[re: freeola] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by freeola:
Hello,
Back from a busy few days.
I'm not sure why you got the stability removed as it seemed to be doing some good. Yes you connection is below the speed you were getting before but with the stability added the repeated disconnects were getting better and the line speed increased but I admit I may have misunderstood the reasoning!
I've asked support to keep an eye on your line while you are away to see if it recovers. Other than that I can't see there is a lot more that can be done remotely so a SFI engineer would be the next step, at the risk of getting charged.

Rob

Hi Rob, Nice to see you back. A possibility of common sense at last. I'm afraid I've fired off again at Charles this morning. My line is stabilising again this morning after taking the brakes off, so not the end of the world charles predicted. Probably DLM controlling things without the 'Restriction', just as I expected. BUT, after stating many times I have NO extension wiring, a new MK3 vdsl faceplate since the BTO repair, AND tried a second Billion 7800N, he is still waffling on about possible "Internal wiring or equipment faults", which makes as much sense as the line reset I had, before a known line fault was fixed. I realise Freeola limitations not being my line provider, but as I have said, if I have to move to fibre to lose some bad copper I will. Do you think I will now plumb for the high priced Enta fibre? Answers on a postcard ...
Live graph. http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/9c0ab536e12...

Edited by professor973 (Fri 24-Oct-14 13:38:41)

(fountain of knowledge) Fri 24-Oct-14 20:35:10
Print Post

Line seems to be recovering, which points to interleaving causing a hell of a lot more that a few dropped packets in my case.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 24-Oct-14 21:29:18
Print Post

That looks perfectly normal. Though of course it doesn't show how it feels to use.

Do you remember this page of live graphs on Plusnet? Several worse than yours, on ADSL2+ and ADSL as well as FTTx, but of course we can't tell what usage is going on. Though if Matt Turner isn't hammering it he has a big problem!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 24-Oct-14 21:33:30
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
That looks perfectly normal. Though of course it doesn't show how it feels to use.

Do you remember this page of live graphs on Plusnet? Several worse than yours, on ADSL2+ and ADSL as well as FTTx, but of course we can't tell what usage is going on. Though if Matt Turner isn't hammering it he has a big problem!

I agree Bob, settling nicely. remember the graphs. Freeola insisted a fault still. The interleaving they then applied, seems to have made more than the usual few dropped packets in my case. - So does that not make me not the fool that one Freeola bod thinks I am? wink

Edited by professor973 (Fri 24-Oct-14 21:38:02)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to