User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User professor973
(experienced) Sat 18-Oct-14 22:48:23
Print Post

Re: Congestion

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Just had a look. £100 installation - No thanks. very confusing site, what is so difficult about laying prices out simply like everyone else.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 19-Oct-14 00:12:44
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Best of the bunch, only a 6-month minimum term, believed to be the best at fault resolution. Have you seen this page?

Though they do appear to have a caveat about pre-existing phone line faults.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.2/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 19-Oct-14 00:14:28)

(experienced) Sun 19-Oct-14 01:11:46
Print Post

No, just looked at this page and was put off by prices, including an extra £12 for decent repair service, so standard must be second rate.. Line here due for fix on monday and will wait a few weeks till fibre can be ordered.
http://aa.net.uk/broadband-FC.html

Edited by professor973 (Sun 19-Oct-14 01:13:56)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 19-Oct-14 03:37:37
Print Post

Everything may be fine by Tuesday smile.

The AA normal care is bog standard Openreach/BTW. I think most ISPs do offer Enhanced Care, which gets BT priority.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.2/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
(experienced) Mon 20-Oct-14 02:00:06
Print Post

Let's hope so. Will be kept informed by the WLR3 system.

(experienced) Mon 20-Oct-14 09:44:13
Print Post

Everything pretty much fine this morning. bad connection fixed 110m away in pavement box. Hooking up at 12mb now, so just waiting for things to improve. Line has gradually degraded over the last couple of years from 16mb to 13, so all points to a worsening joint, making total rubbish of the Freeola statement, of a broadband outage leaving a permanent noise fault on the line. Seems there is more to answering a ticket in ten minutes to a good ISP. Just kept saying see your line provider, while they reset the line for another training period, giving me the impression DLM was up the creek. I wonder why they did that if they knew noise was the problem.

Standard User freeola
(member) Mon 20-Oct-14 19:30:32
Print Post

Hello,

Sorry I missed all these posts, been a little busy. I can't comment on the responses you've received from our support without reading through the notes so if you'd like me to take a look then PM me some details and if what you're saying is correct then I can get the baseball bat out:). I'm also a bit puzzled by the line reset if the noise issue was yet to be resolved.

Rob

Freeola
http://freeola.com - Broadband, Hosting & Instant Sites - Support
(experienced) Mon 20-Oct-14 20:22:25
Print Post

[re: freeola] [link to this post]

Hi Rob,
Thanks for giving this a look. As I said earlier, I also could not understand the reset if noise on the line, what was the point, other than giving me hope that it was something Freeola or DLM could resolve. The 90 minute big broadband outage was not answered until towards the end, with the answer making no sense to me at all. Anyone who understands broadband, or spends time here knows what line noise can do. But the Freeola explanation from Charles Holden was " Regardless of whether a "Total outage" was the initial problem, it has left you with a noise issue on your line" - Which seems total tosh to me, but obviously was the point I contacted Zen and found very good service. My line has slowly been degrading over 18 months, losing 3mb from 16. The worsening bad joint 110 yards away in a pavement box was obvious. All of the restarts today and repair seem to have left it worse. It is crashing with regular recyncs, about ten in five minutes a little while ago. I am now struggling wit a barely usable 5mb, but no worry, fibre lass than a month from switch on, so looking around for more upload, good service at the best price I can.
Just crashed twice in 30 seconds again, making about 12 events in the last hour. Please take another look, as I will not put up with this, as worse then before repair.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/ff9eb4b2264...
Routerstats snr graph
http://public.justcloud.com/dx5uyykmdt.77150209

Edited by professor973 (Mon 20-Oct-14 21:03:32)

Standard User freeola
(member) Mon 20-Oct-14 23:05:30
Print Post

Right, think I've got the right persons details, at least the ticket conversation matches what you've said and the area code is my old one (used to live not far from you).
Anyway, I can see that the latest development is a wait for a stability change to go through tomorrow but if you're connection is still flaky then I'm not sure this will help, running from the test socket may though. At least it would help rule out a wiring problem your end. I've ready through the replies from Support (apart from when our ticketing system had some issues sending replies, apologies for that - didn't help the situation!) and I can see that SNR was altered purely to try and keep your connection on until the noise issue was sorted by OR. I'm not sure of the cause of the extended outage I'm afraid.
I think it might be wise to wait 24 - 48 hours (I know, it shouldn't take that long) and then have another line test done if things haven't improved. Hopefully the fault with you line provider has been closed by then and noise won't be the issue. We may well be able to raise a fault then on the broadband side of things.

Freeola
http://freeola.com - Broadband, Hosting & Instant Sites - Support
(experienced) Mon 20-Oct-14 23:15:42
Print Post

[re: freeola] [link to this post]

Thanks for your reply. No wiring problems here. NO extension wiring and brand new MK3 VDSL faceplate fitted today after engineer left. If there are bursts of noise, they are external. As I have said previously, been all over the place since cab parallel wired to adjacent fibre cab about 10 weeks ago. It has picked up a little since my earlier post, so will leave it to it's own devices for a few days. Already knocking 3db off the snr with the Billion 7800N to get 12.3. Was always stable down to 1db snr.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to