User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User AndrewYoung
(newbie) Wed 27-Feb-19 11:04:00
Print Post

Who are the current Entanet resellers Spring 2019?

[link to this post]

I'm a very happy UKFSN / BT customer but I need to save some money. I've been using UKFSN for about 10 years without any problems. Sadly they/ he doesn't offer a line rental option

Ideally I'm after an Entanet reseller who also offers line rental - a combined package. Unlimited bandwidth, free UK phone calls and a fixed IP.

Who are the current Entanet resellers?
Standard User PaulSimmons
(newbie) Fri 08-Mar-19 08:34:56
Print Post

Personally, I would avoid Entanet...

[re: AndrewYoung] [link to this post]

Hi Andrew

If you're happy with UKFSN/BT then I would stick with them and avoid Entanet.

The fact that nobody has replied to your question speaks volumes, nobody seems interested in pushing Entanet's products.

Please understand this is my own personal opinion.

I would avoid getting tied up with any Entanet products for a number of reasons.

A quick search reveals terrible reviews for Entanet's network performance and customer service.

Entanet's founder, Jason Tsai, was recently jailed after been found guilty of fraud and contempt of court.

Entanet's Sales/Marketing department seems preoccupied with taking pot shots at competitors, criticising BT, Virgin Media, Sky, etc. also criticising government policies and even ranting about Pop stars (Bono of U2). These attacks may get their name splashed around the Web but I think it comes across as cheap and unprofessional.

Entanet enjoy boasting of Industry awards they've received, however l've heard this year one of their executives has been nominated for the 'ISPA Villain of the Year Award' due to some inapproiate online behaviour.

Like I say, this is my personal opinion, you pay your money, you make your choice.

All the best, Paul.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 08-Mar-19 09:09:01
Print Post

Re: Personally, I would avoid Entanet...

[re: PaulSimmons] [link to this post]

I think you will find, Paul, that UKFSN is and has only ever been an Entanet reseller. Unless his Family Unlimited is TalkTalk Business based. Itís pricing is weird compared to what look like the long-standing Entanet products.

Even his website still says you migrate away using a MAC. Ahem!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 08-Mar-19 09:11:38
Print Post

Re: Who are the current Entanet resellers Spring 2019?

If you are still looking, Andrew, try aquiss. Though I doubt if the prices will be much different, Entanet isnít a cheap underlying provider these days.

Itís worth also looking at uno for your needs, if you ignore the Entanet question but want to stay away from the big boys.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 08-Mar-19 09:25:21)

Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Mar-19 15:13:10
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

We don't do inclusive calls though Bob, so that rule us out. Depends how important that is really for the OP.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User clyde123
(regular) Fri 08-Mar-19 16:43:17
Print Post

I hesitated to reply to the original post, but after seeing the really bad "review" I need to speak up.
I've been an Entanet customer for many years.
I had some serious problems years ago with the 20CN to 21CN changeover. Horrendous.
But other than that, I've been very happy with the Enta service.
Their tech support is - in my experience - very good, responsive, and knowledgeable. I cannot fault them whatsoever on that score.
In fact, I have no hesitation in recommending them if asked.
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Tue 12-Mar-19 15:36:57
Print Post

[re: clyde123] [link to this post]

I'm a happy long term Entanet FTTC customer via Freeola.

Freeola do line rental but not for outgoing calls (just incoming and outgoing emergency and freephone numbers) so not what you are after. I need a call package so I have my line and calls with Zen and VDSL with Freeola.

I should have replied to the OP - sorry, I forgot how this forum worked!

Edited by b4dger (Tue 12-Mar-19 16:04:54)

Print Thread

Jump to