General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 20-Jun-11 13:35:34
Print Post

Re: OR Cancelled FTTC Roll Out?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Andy,
Thanks for the update (last month - sorry, I've been slow to check!). My brother lives in Whaddon and now has Infinity too. I'm pleased for everyone in Whaddon but you can imagine how frustrating it is for us in Nash where there is no apparent sign of any work happening with a cabinet.

Someone told me that whether Nash gets done is wholy dependent on demand. Nash is a pretty sleepy place (nice, but quiet) so I would question whether if it'll ever get done - then again, Whaddon is no different...

The checker still says 30th Sept so keeping fingers crossed.

Thanks again,
Andrew (NorthBucksAndrew)
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 28-Nov-11 14:01:02
Print Post

Hi Andrew,

Thought you might be interested in this. BT have applied for planning permission to put in a DSLAM cabinet in nash. Looks like FTTC is getting closer.

Andy C
Standard User ccherbert
(newbie) Tue 10-Apr-12 17:26:47
Print Post

Can I please express my apologies with the time it has taken to reply to your complaint.

During our deployment of the superfast broadband network we encounter problems on a small number of cabinets within our roll out plan which can unfortunately result in a delay to our initial plans, delays can vary from 3 months outwards depending on the scale of the problem. The sort of issues that we encounter are things like blocked underground cable routes, disputed land ownership and the existence of unrecorded underground lines for utility companies to name a few.

In the specific case of Whaddon and other communities served from Shenley Church End telephone exchange, we have encountered problems getting mains electricity to the roadside equipment cabinets. The majority of these problems have now been overcome and I am pleased to inform you that power to your particular cabinet, associated with PCP5, will be connected very shortly. As long as there are no more problems encountered with the installation, you should be able to place orders for Superfast Broadband from late April.

Regards

Tony

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 10-Apr-12 17:48:45
Print Post

[re: ccherbert] [link to this post]

To AndyC and Tony,
many thanks for the updates - I've been delighted to see the FTTC cab go in back in Jan and noticed the work last week to get the power connected. I think OR are coming out later this week again to do work on the cabinet - no humming yet so I guess the cabs either empty or not switched on.

Really appreciate the update and am looking forward to being able to put in an order later this month.

Best regards
NorthBucksAndrew
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 10-Apr-12 17:51:47
Print Post

[re: ccherbert] [link to this post]

Tony,
Sorry, can you remind me what PCP5 is please? In terms of recent issues, you mention Sharpen and I notice it has had its second cabinet installed. In terms of being able to order later this month, would that apply to Nash, where I live, too?

Many thanks
NorthBucksAndrew
Standard User Stoo
(regular) Tue 10-Apr-12 20:46:31
Print Post

PCP5 will be the telephone cabinet your line is currently served from, the DSLAM will be installed somewhere nearby, then the PCP will be linked to the DSLAM, and hey presto, Robert is your Father's Brother!
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Tue 10-Apr-12 21:26:41
Print Post

[re: Stoo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Stoo:
PCP5 will be the telephone cabinet your line is currently served from

Might be of use:
http://www.robertos.me.uk/html/street_cabinets_etc.html

James - be* pro - 16.8 or 17.2mbps BQM
Still waiting for FTTC cabinet since Mar 2011- THFB PCP 5
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 10-Apr-12 23:02:06
Print Post

[re: Stoo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Stoo:
PCP5 will be the telephone cabinet your line is currently served from, the DSLAM will be installed somewhere nearby, then the PCP will be linked to the DSLAM, and hey presto, Robert is your Father's Brother!
Oi!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User creakycopperline
(learned) Wed 11-Apr-12 02:02:29
Print Post

How long does it usually take for it to be up and running? was walking past my cab and it had company in the form of a FTTC cabinet. down the road they were pushing fibre through the ducts for a different cabinet.
so i'm not sure if mine has been done, it'll probably be fibred this week. openreach checker says june 1st but at the fast pace it's been done, i'm sure it'll be ready before the end of april.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Stoo
(regular) Wed 11-Apr-12 08:32:34
Print Post

[re: creakycopperline] [link to this post]

I'm in pretty much the same boat - cab's in, power's in, PCP and DSLAM have been linked for a good month or so now, not sure what the hold up is though. Just have to keep checking the checker! smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to