General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 11-Apr-12 12:59:47
Print Post

Re: OR Cancelled FTTC Roll Out?

[re: Stoo] [link to this post]

Stoo,
Where abouts are you, in Nash or Whaddon or elsewhere in the country?
Regards

NorthBucksAndrew
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 20-Apr-12 13:51:42
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Hi all,
So now I'm very confused... We've had our DSLAM Cab in now since January in Nash (3miles outside Milton Keynes but on Shenley Church End exchange). The power was attached about 2-3 weeks ago and I note that Tony (CCHERBERT) who i can only assume works for Openreach kindly posted an explanation of te delays we've been facing on getting Nash connected to FTTC - the BT checker has been slipping back by 3 months for at least 2 years now!

I was feeling quite confident that we're almost there considering the various activity around our box in recent weeks but the next planned BT work to the box, as confirmed by ELGIN (www.elgin.gov.uk) was supposed to have been last week. the problem is, I don't know exactly what they werwe planning to do (install DSLAM equipment perhaps) but no one ever turned up and the details on ELGIN just disappeared with no planned work date recorded for the future. I though it was just possible the BT have installed equipment very quickly so I put my ear to the cab to listen out for a humming but total silence...

Now I'm very confused because all ativity seems to have drawn to a halt. The BT checker still says Jun 30th for GO LIVE but I don't believe that after 2 years!

Would anyone have any idead what could cause this sudden delay... If Tony is lurking, I'd be grateful if you cold provide your valuable insight?

Thanks as always, guys...

NorthBucksAndrew
Standard User simondup
(newbie) Fri 20-Apr-12 14:21:33
Print Post

Playing the same waiting game with my phase 5B cab in West London.

Ducts unblocked ealy March, Power put in 3 weeks ago. Know it is coming but just have to wait.

I can't hear any fans but the smaller cabs apparently do not need the fans much and its not really warm at the moment.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Stoo
(regular) Fri 20-Apr-12 23:18:22
Print Post

Lowestoft - EALOW..

They've just started doing a second wave of cab installs around the town too.. No clue what's going on.. The DSL checker doesn't even mention FTTC at this point, only ADSL.. Oh well..
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 08-Jun-12 13:43:06
Print Post

Just looked at BT ADSL whoelsale checker. FTTC is now active for Nash smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to