General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User danielowenuk
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 17-Feb-11 11:58:21
Print Post

Re: Changed RFS date (31st March to 16th Feb)

[re: danielowenuk] [link to this post]

No call back but I wasn't really expecting one to be honest.

Called them this morning and spoke to a guy who was actually really good very efficient knew exactly what he was talking about.

Line will be moved before engineer vist and he will be coming on the 4th of March.

Hopefully everything runs smoothly.
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-Feb-11 09:03:51
Print Post

Deep breath.....

Got a call over the weekend, that I missed so picked up my voicemail;

"As I am not on a BT line they will need to move my line before they can process my BT Infinity order"

Ok thanks for leaving that voicemail cancelling my order but that leaves a few things up in the air. Firstly if they are confident of the line move on the 4th why not install the broadband on the same day? Secondly why confirm an engineer visit for the 4th of March? Thanks for that, pretty useless day off work that is! Thirdly as I will now be on BT but with Sky broadband will that require a MAC?

Frustrating that more than one (3 infact) have either misled me or not known the answer and blagged it when asked the direct question "will it all happen on the same day?".
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 21-Feb-11 09:15:37
Print Post

From the other thread it seems you don't need a MAC.

What you will need to do is make sure Sky stop charging you at the right time for each service. (After the move of each, else they may cancel the service).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre.

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 21-Feb-11 09:16:22)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-Feb-11 11:59:12
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Every single one of the.... hmm plusnet, nildram, bethere, bt... can't remember them all, but every single one has continue to charge for at least a month after I have left so I would expect that.

smile

Slightly calmed down now, but it's still not great service.
Standard User Yerman164
(newbie) Mon 21-Feb-11 16:41:07
Print Post

[re: DaveTomlinson] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by DaveTomlinson:
Yep, it's true, the first 12 cabs in Chesterfield go live on 16th February, sadly my cab isn't getting FTTC at all. I'd expect to see more cabs going live in Chez over the next few weeks, same as Mosborough, that went live last week. Expecting to see Dronfield get the first dates in the next few weeks.

I don't suppose you have any new information on more cabinets being enabled in Chesterfield? One up the road from me is live, but no others in the area are. It seemed like they were all finished at the same time.
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-Feb-11 18:39:09
Print Post

[re: Yerman164] [link to this post]

I don't think they were all finished at the same time, the one in calow (on way to work) still has a hole around it and barriers.
Standard User Yerman164
(newbie) Mon 21-Feb-11 19:32:54
Print Post

I mean the ones near me. In Walton they all went in around November and there hasn't been any work for several weeks now, yet only one of them is live.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 25-Feb-11 09:38:10
Print Post

[re: Yerman164] [link to this post]

Hello

I think FTTC should be going live in Holme Hall area on 1st march. I've found this website what seems more accurate than the BT site cos it's still says 31st march on BT site but on this says 1st March.....

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_availabi...

Click on broadband checker and type your phone number or you can type in house number and postcode. Give's loads of information
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 25-Feb-11 10:49:56
Print Post

Right, finally got to speak to someone with a clue.

Got a letter yesterday saying "sorry you are leaving sky, your broadband will be cancelled on the 4th of March".

Ahh!! So bt telling me that the broadband would be moved along with the line rental is BS.

Called BT and got BT india then go put through to Dawn who was lovely and explained that they were hoping to do a SIM move, but it wasn't going to happen.

I explained that I didn't want to be without net access at all, she is going to call me on the 5th of March (a saturday) speed up my infinity order and give me a free FON voucher. I don't mind if they are honest and give me an explanation!
Standard User Spasch
(experienced) Fri 25-Feb-11 12:25:48
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Hello

I think FTTC should be going live in Holme Hall area on 1st march. I've found this website what seems more accurate than the BT site cos it's still says 31st march on BT site but on this says 1st March.....

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_availabi...

Click on broadband checker and type your phone number or you can type in house number and postcode. Give's loads of information
While SamKnows has plenty of good information, the only site that can be definitively believed, regarding FTTC go live dates, is the BT Wholesale checker. All the ISPs get their information from this DB.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to