General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Yerman164
(learned) Thu 07-Apr-11 13:48:38
Print Post

Re: Changed RFS date (31st March to 16th Feb)

[re: Yerman164] [link to this post]

Just had my BT Infinity installed this morning. Great engineer that did the job, changed an extension socket to a master socket and screwed the BT modem onto the wall so it looks very neat.

I'm about 400-500 metres from the cabinet I'd guess, the estimate was 29.3meg down and 7meg upload from the BT checker.

I'm syncing at the full 40/10 and the engineer let me look at his checker that tells you the maximum the line can support which said 63meg down and 20meg up. Sounds promising for the future, especially considering the distance to the cab.

Speedtest:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2985/1240722788.png
Standard User mrnelster
(committed) Thu 07-Apr-11 21:54:51
Print Post

[re: Yerman164] [link to this post]

Great engineer that did the job, changed an extension socket to a master socket

I assume you mean that he blanked off the existing master and used the cable to the secondary as the new master feed? Wouldn't want two masters on one line. tongue

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 07-Apr-11 22:16:34
Print Post

[re: danielowenuk] [link to this post]

If it's decent fibre it's purely about what you stick at either end. As far as the pairs go he may have been referring to tie pairs from the legacy cabinet to the new one. I'm unsure of the value to BT of having every pair with a tie cable straight off the bat.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Yerman164
(learned) Thu 07-Apr-11 23:06:14
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
I assume you mean that he blanked off the existing master and used the cable to the secondary as the new master feed? Wouldn't want two masters on one line. tongue

I'm not sure to be honest, the old master socket is still there but I've not tested to see if it works. Maybe he's just made the old master socket an extension now? Either way it doesn't really matter, he did a good job.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to