General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User skutterdan1701
(newbie) Tue 15-Feb-11 08:56:51
Print Post

Re: FTTC date changed from 31 DEC to 31 MAR now it's 30 JUNE

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

If i remember correctly, when we moved in to our current house, we had to have BT come in to test the lines and their little gadget showed that we were approx 1700metres from the exchange.

Still would be nice to know which part of BT has the correct information. I wonder if they use a version of the "magic 8 ball" to provide answers?!
Standard User danielowenuk
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 15-Feb-11 09:07:04
Print Post

[re: skutterdan1701] [link to this post]

Most probably

(sorry couldn't resist)

I would say that their checker is the most up to date info and that the one that triggers their ordering system.
Standard User paul1360
(regular) Tue 15-Feb-11 09:51:29
Print Post

[re: undecidedadrian] [link to this post]

hi,
Like most people have said about when and where infinity will be ready its a nightmare, BT site says my exchange is ready, the cabs are in and humming away but can't get any sense from BT.
Now to top the lot yesterday I had an email from BT saying that I had gone over the 40GB on option and they said it would be best if I changed to Infinity Option 2!!!!! It took me 10mins in the end of me telling them I've not got Infinity or not even with BT BB, alas he would not believe me and in the end I asked to speak to someone higher up, who then got it sorted after a few um's & r's
Iechyd Da

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Quark999
(newbie) Tue 15-Feb-11 10:20:24
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Ah, Reading Central.

I know the cab I'm on (Kenavon Drive next to Homebase), because some yobs burnt it down and I didn't have phone service. The engineer came from the cab to my house, and I'm about 300m from it, which he confirmed.

The cab had its big Fibre brother installed in November, for an enablement date of December. Since then, it moved to March, the power company dug up the path and lay the power cable, and a "Cross Telecom" or something stopped by to hook up the fibre stuff - they had the cab open, all the equipment was inside and they were fiddling with it.

Yesterday or so, the date now moved to "not planned" on Infinity / September on the Wholesale site. I can't believe this is correct, seeing how my cab developed. Similarly, both the cab towards the hospital as well as the one in front of the King's Road car park have now been finished - paths dug up, power installed, barriers removed. I am hoping this is just a fluke while they do they work in the actual exchange, and we'll see it flip forward within this week...
Standard User lockyatlrg
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 15-Feb-11 19:22:34
Print Post

[re: orly] [link to this post]

100% is my cab, I kow thw exact route for my line and the length of the Dside&Eside, cab number and termination point.

o2 LLU
ROUTER:-DGN2000
Sync 17848D 1412U Annex A
Att:-35.0dB Down 17.4dB Up
SNR:-1.5dB Down 3.1dB Up
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 19-Feb-11 21:36:35
Print Post

[re: lockyatlrg] [link to this post]

Hello,

It seems like a heck of a lot of people have had their enablement dates pushed back in some sort of blanket delay exercise.

My exchange (Stony Stratford) is enabled for Infinity, and my new local vDSL cab is 100m from my house, all humming all dancing!

Originally had a ready date of 31st March, was put back to Sept 11 last week. Livid is a good way to express my feelings about it now!

At least, as it seems a lot of people are in the same boat, it could mean they've done this as a precaution and every body will be enabled soon.

Here's hoping.

Greg
Standard User mrnelster
(regular) Thu 24-Feb-11 00:43:08
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Hi Greg

My sentiments exactly! I'm on the stony exchange. They fitted three cabs on Crownhill but took 4 weeks between each. Doesn't seem an efficient way to work but what do I know?!

Which area are you on? We are 6km from the exchange so it would be nice to see how far they have got to date.

Neil.

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.
Standard User Chug_a_Bug
(regular) Thu 24-Feb-11 14:04:17
Print Post

It's the same with everything it seems. SamKnows originally had a date for 21CN WBC for our exchange for 3rd quarter 2010, that date then went out the window and theres been nothng mentioned since from either SamKnows or BT wholesale.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 24-Feb-11 15:39:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
My exchange (Stony Stratford) is enabled for Infinity, and my new local vDSL cab is 100m from my house, all humming all dancing!

Originally had a ready date of 31st March, was put back to Sept 11 last week. Livid is a good way to express my feelings about it now!

Same here - I'm in Crownhill on the Stony exchange too, and the cabinet (in Lennon Drive) is up and running. What's more, the exchange is supposedly enabled already, so what's the holdup?
Standard User Bob_s2
(regular) Thu 24-Feb-11 19:19:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Hello,

It seems like a heck of a lot of people have had their enablement dates pushed back in some sort of blanket delay exercise.

At least, as it seems a lot of people are in the same boat, it could mean they've done this as a precaution and every body will be enabled soon.

Here's hoping.

Greg

I doubt it if they have pushed the date out that is likely to be the miniumum date it could go out further
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to