General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(regular) Thu 24-Feb-11 21:04:23
Print Post

Re: FTTC date changed from 31 DEC to 31 MAR now it's 30 JUNE

[re: Bob_s2] [link to this post]

I think that is overly pessimistic.

Delay yes. But they wouldn't leave an FTTC cab standing idle for 12 months.

Since my post yesterday, a lot of barriers and signs have appeared in a pile next to the cab. I think it's time for the electricity utility to cable it. I believe they have already finished two others on Crownhill and ours was the last to be installed. It is next to the main entrance to Hendrix drive off the H4.

I think that once all the cabs on the estate have been finished they will go live.
Hopefully anyway! Either way, I can't imagine them installing cabs etc. and then not trying to get any return on that investment as soon as possible? smile

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 02-Mar-11 23:36:40
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I am in Crownhill too, 100m from the cab on the junction with Hendrix Drive and Monro Avenue.

The hold up must be that parts of the fibre route need digging up to lay. Like the work going on along the H4 at Linford Wood. Maybe delays to this work has delayed our implementation?

These new cabs are all that's preventing me from thinking for sure that BT aren't going to bother laying the fibre from Stony to Crownhill (and the other areas) - despite there being a significant business interest connected to the Stony exchange.

So Frustrated!
Greg
Standard User mrnelster
(regular) Thu 03-Mar-11 07:44:20
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I m in Crownhill 250m from the cab on Hendrix Drive by the H4 entrance.

I've seen them drawing in the fibre along the A5 up to the crematorium roundabout.
That was 2 weeks ago. I think (but I'm not sure) that the fibre to the cab is already in. I think that went in many weeks before the cab did. It looked like they then installed the tie cables and the fibre link from the manhole to the new cab at the same time.

That's why it's all backfilled now. I assume the power would be in a separate trench and that doesn't appear to have been installed yet. I assume that is the hold up.

I don't think they will connect the tie cables until the power is ready at the cab, but perhaps someone more technical would know that?
When they do you will probably see someone sat outside the existing cab all day!

Anyway. Nearly there hopefully!

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to