General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User nelix01
(member) Fri 18-Feb-11 18:21:56
Print Post

Re: bt line checker changed today

[re: nalla] [link to this post]

Hi Nalla,

Your estimated speed is below 15meg. BT Retail checkers will not accept a sub 15meg line for FTTC service.
Standard User aquiss
(experienced) Fri 18-Feb-11 19:38:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by nalla:
hmm well, i just phoned bt infinity and they say fttc is not due to be released in my area, they dont even have a date, but the bt wholesale checker and sam knows both say my cabinet is enabled, not looking good for me.

I pointed out earlier in this thread that if your reported speed was below 15Mbps then BT Retail are not looking to service customers. BT Infinity is not the only provider, do shop around!

Please see my earlier comment which seems to have been overlooked:
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/3968959-re-...

Martin Pitt
Aquiss Internet
http://www.aquiss.net
Standard User nalla
(regular) Fri 18-Feb-11 21:17:31
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

yeah but i need a new line too which i doubt aquiss would do for free like bt are atm, oh well i shall just have to wait till the 15mb limit is relaxed.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User nalla
(regular) Fri 18-Feb-11 21:23:44
Print Post

[re: nelix01] [link to this post]

so rather than say no your estimate is too low they say its not due to be rolled out in your area, excellent business talk i must say.

oh and also when i phoned bt and asked about this 15mb limit she said she wasnt aware of any limitations its just not available,

just done a check with talk talk and they say it is available but my estiamed speed is too low,

any other isp i have looked at are too expensive for so little usage, with relaxed times that well to be honest are ridiculous 12pm - 8am ( 1 3rd of the day ), so peak all other times my [censored] peak times from 8am to midnight, im totally surprised that any isp gets any customers other than the ones that have too low an estimate to get it, and are desperate enough to pay the extorionate prices. if peak times were something like 6pm to midnight i would pay the extra.

Edited by nalla (Fri 18-Feb-11 21:42:43)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 18-Feb-11 23:49:48
Print Post

It is supposed to be being dropped to 5Mbps by Openreach, but whether BT Total will drop theirs for a while is another matter.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to