General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-Feb-11 23:06:16
Print Post

Re: Shocked, appalled and horrified... ADSL24

[re: Global_Inferno] [link to this post]

This is certainly not normal practise no. Looking at this the backend supplier system was updated but not our own internal systems. This meant that no changes where flagged otherwise we would have most definately been in touch. Of course we will do all we can to ensure this doesn't happen but it is a genuine communication mistake and I want to apologise for this. Once an order reaches committed status bt do charge to abort the order which we can do if you still wish. Or we can proceed to have it installed on the new date you were provided with. Not the best situation i appreciate.

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk
Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-Feb-11 23:12:10
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I founded the company in 2007 but soon after it got to the stage where I could not manage alone. Therefore the two current directors agreed to take over the business side of things and assign me a manager role to run it on a day to day basis and still be on the frontline. The 24 media group is just an umbrella name for the other companies the directors own from their 20+ years in the media, interactive stuff and gaming market. Its been this way for 3 years smile Nothing new

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk
Standard User Global_Inferno
(newbie) Tue 22-Feb-11 08:39:16
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

To be honest, a genuine communication mistake or not, it's cost me the best part of £125 for a day off that I didn't need to take, this isn't exactly acceptable.

As I mentioned on the phone to your customer service rep, if you would be willing to compensate me for this error, I may re-consider. But as he then responded by saying that he wouldn't charge me for the period of the 18th -> 24th, as if that were some sort of compensation, I was so shocked that it just made me want to cancel the contract ASAP.

Please feel free to contact me via e-mail, PM or phone if you wish to discuss this matter, but I stand by my decision that I would like to cancel.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Global_Inferno
(newbie) Tue 22-Feb-11 09:27:03
Print Post

Just to update everyone, James has now dealt with this issue personally and has offered to cancel my service and issue a refund in full.

Also he has stated that they will be looking into the issue that initially caused the problem; the mix up of dates and will hope to resolve it so that this can't happen again.

All in all, I'm happy with the outcome. smile

Edited by Global_Inferno (Tue 22-Feb-11 09:27:39)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 22-Feb-11 09:52:28
Print Post

Sounds fine - perfectly normal, especially as most setups need backup finance from somewhere smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre.
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-Feb-11 21:42:58
Print Post

Re: Shocked, appalled and horrified... ADSL24 *DELETED*

Post deleted by DrTeeth
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-Feb-11 21:48:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by Adsl24:
I founded the company in 2007 but soon after it got to the stage where I could not manage alone. Therefore the two current directors agreed to take over the business side of things and assign me a manager role to run it on a day to day basis and still be on the frontline. The 24 media group is just an umbrella name for the other companies the directors own from their 20+ years in the media, interactive stuff and gaming market. Its been this way for 3 years smile Nothing new

Phew, glad to hear it. Many people had remarked that you were no longer at the helm, very glad to hear that you are!

I'd be grateful if you could cast your eye over ticket 24102. It is as if the two arms of tech support cannot liaise with each other wink.

Regards

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to