General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 26-Nov-11 22:41:16
Print Post

Re: How can I find out more information

[re: DougM] [link to this post]

Thanks DougM

Well what would you know! after weeks of checking and asking a number of friends and neighbours around Hatch Warren the Wholesale checker says I can get it today, as can a friend in Highdowns who has been told no till now too!! Wholesale checker seems to include a randomising frustration function - better order quick before BT change their minds!

Next problem. My master socket is right by the front door, it is impractical to put a phone there let alone a modem and router. Does anyone know if it is possible to move the master socket somewhere more convenient? At the moment we use the bedroom extension for everything, could that be turned into a master socket?

I'm almost excited now lol
Standard User asturini
(newbie) Sun 27-Nov-11 07:57:35
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

The Openreach engineer can move the master socket if that is reasonably practical or alternatively use the data extension kit which is approx 30m and can be tacked around skirting boards etc.

Talk to the engineer when he does the job they are mostly pretty helpful.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 27-Nov-11 19:08:36
Print Post

199 is live already

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 27-Nov-11 19:12:26
Print Post

it may wel be you a are a distance from the cabinter and could not get infinity (min 15meg) because of the band plan changes (7-17Mhz change) and the change from Worst case to typlical case on the checker a number sub 15 lines are now able to gain above 15meg and there are now avaialbe for infinity which is why the checker now has a different answer
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 02-Dec-11 14:53:41
Print Post

Re: PCP66

Still no news on PCP66? frown
Standard User DougM
(member) Fri 02-Dec-11 19:32:04
Print Post

Last I heard was a go-live date of December 12, but still no sign of scheduled works to connect power.

-==-
DougM
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 02-Dec-11 21:09:46
Print Post

[re: DougM] [link to this post]

Cheers Doug! Will keep my fingers crossed......
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 06-Dec-11 11:22:51
Print Post

PCP 79

Any news on PCP79 next to St Marks Primary school in Hatch Warren?

No work has been done, any idea when/if this box will get upgraded?
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 09-Dec-11 11:38:58
Print Post

Have now had VDSL modem installed, Wired connection to router speed is just shy of 40mbps!, wireless is slower at around 30mbps, a huge improvement on 0.35mbps! So much for pessimistic BT Wholesale estimate, but of course will have to see how this changes over the coming months especially as more people will get FTTC/VDSL and SNR is likely to get worse...

The BT Engineer was happy to move my master socket position to the only extension we have in the house (which is far more convenient for me and is where ADSL router has lived for the last 5 or so years) The original master socket is unusable/disconnected and is blanked off, but that is of no concern.

Whole process was quick and BT Engineer was even going to set up wireless on my Linux boxes but I had beaten him to it so he finished his tea and left.

Thanks to DougM and others that have posted here smile
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 13-Dec-11 20:03:46
Print Post

PCP66

still nothing on PCP66. Just tried calling BT to see if they knew anything. I can confirm their call centre is useless. USELESS!!
Pages in this thread: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to