General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User steveeeee
(newbie) Thu 09-Feb-12 10:51:21
Print Post

Re: Anyone live on PCP 66

[re: DougM] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by DougM:
I saw this update from a friend who is chasing through the BT Chairman's Office:
Just to let you know Iíve had another update from the planners today. Weíve still not got a definitive date but Iíve been advised that your cab should be ready for Infinity by the end of March at the latest.

I noticed today that Elgin has two BT jobs scheduled to end 21st and 22nd Feb near PCP66. Could this be the final go live!?
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 09-Feb-12 18:08:19
Print Post

[re: steveeeee] [link to this post]

i saw a openreach guy messing around with pcp 66 yesterday laugh
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 17-Feb-12 09:31:06
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

first job due to start today, further up reading road...exciting stuff!! Hope the Openreach guys will still be around later so I can quiz them about what they're doing.

So once power is connected, how many weeks (roughly) should I expect to wait for their "testing" to complete before I can sign up to Infinity?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 22-Feb-12 08:58:03
Print Post

Well, they were scheduled to start work around PCP66 on Monday, work sheduled between 20-22 Feb, estimated. Not a peep yet, no Openreach van to be seen, no roadworks at all.... frown
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 22-Feb-12 11:24:35
Print Post

there was an open reach van yesterday at pcp 66 and roadworks (although i don't think they were related, pulling a yellow tuibe through the ground further down the road).
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 22-Feb-12 14:05:20
Print Post

oh right! I didn't spot that! hmm ok, well I hope they're doing something at the moment.... fingers crossed!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 22-Feb-12 14:08:16
Print Post

just checked Elgin again and the BT roadworks have been removed from it....
Standard User DougM
(member) Wed 22-Feb-12 18:55:15
Print Post

The roadworks are still listed, but you won't see them unless you select filters that include completed works. Current status for the Reading Road and Thornhill Way works is: "Work completed (with excavation)"

It's common for Openreach engineers to visit cabinets in support of the plain old telephone service (POTS), but I didn't see any significant activity near the VDSL2 cabinet itself; I was hoping to see some groundworks to connect the cabinet to the power ducts hidden in the nearby verge.

I'll give it a couple of days and see if the checker updates. It's crazy to think this cabinet was installed last July and has been doing nothing other than depreciating ever since.

-==-
DougM
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 23-Feb-12 08:43:18
Print Post

[re: DougM] [link to this post]

As always, thank you Doug!

Will keep an eye out then. Interestingly the BT wholesale checker now does not state FTTC available under my post code (it used to) which seems a bit strange to me.
Standard User DougM
(member) Thu 23-Feb-12 11:28:50
Print Post

Always happy to help smile

I noticed that postcode-based forward availability disappeared the weekend that BT re-implemented the FTTC estimate caps. I saw a couple of other people in other towns report the same; I believe it is just a change in what is displayed rather than anything to be worried about.

-==-
DougM
Pages in this thread: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to