General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | [21] | 22 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 31-May-12 19:44:19
Print Post

Re: PCP 66

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Hi I am keen to to get any info on PCP66 it still appears that the works to connect power are not scheduled on elgin . Is there anyone I can contact ?
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 03-Jun-12 21:00:49
Print Post

yes there is, though I don't have the details to hand. Paul Miller mentioned the details of the council contact in one of his columns in the Chineham Chat. The Chineham Chat is available online and I think it was around Jan-Mar this year that it was mentioned. In there is a phone number. I've called the council contact in the past, really nice guy, but when I last called (a month or so ago) he didn't have anything solid - he mentioned being told the works should be complete by end of May, and the PCP should be up and running by the end of June (allowing for a month of testing) however no roadworks have been scheduled anywhere near it - so I'm not expecting anything ready by the end of June.

If you give him a call, can you let me know what he says? I'm interested in getting an update too.....

I know there are power works going on down St Leonards and St Gabriels, linking to the power hub thing in St Gabriels, but not sure what it's for - it's obviously nowhere near the PCP, but maybe it's the first stage of getting power to the PCP.....?
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 11-Jun-12 15:25:13
Print Post

Re: PCP 79

[re: curtmantle] [link to this post]

PCP 79 - Update. Looks like works to establish power to the new cab are scheduled to start in 2 weeks time. Slow, but steady progress...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 13-Jun-12 13:52:37
Print Post

well, I've been told there is now power to PCP66, though I'm not sure if I believe it as I've not seen any works there. apparently they're now testing but are coming across a lot of faults, so this is causing extra delay. There should be an update by the end of June though, about when they'll have it ready.....
Standard User curtmantle
(newbie) Tue 26-Jun-12 13:38:39
Print Post

Have the works on PCP79 started? I haven't been past there the last day or two.
Standard User curtmantle
(newbie) Thu 28-Jun-12 13:20:58
Print Post

There is an OpenReach engineer working on PCP 79 today.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 28-Jun-12 18:06:17
Print Post

wow

looks like we are getting closer now to getting some sort of decent broadband
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 29-Jun-12 13:05:03
Print Post

Anything else on PCP 66, I haven't seen any activity and its now been a year since the box was installed!!!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 03-Jul-12 08:58:24
Print Post

no update from the council, however there's a VERY interesting roadwork planned between 5th-9th July by VIRGIN MEDIA

Current status Planned work about to start
Works location 20 YARDS FROM ROUNDABOUT
Works description LAY 6 METERS OF DUCT IN THE VERGE

It's marked as being the other side of the roundabout but there's no PCP there (so I think it's a mistake) so could be for PCP66.......Virgin Media?!?!?!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 03-Jul-12 09:37:19
Print Post

actually I just remembered, Virgin Media have their feed for Basingstoke going down Reading Road, so it's probably just for that - probably nothing to do with Chineham...... frown
Pages in this thread: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | [21] | 22 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to