General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 21-Sep-11 10:11:56
Print Post

Re: Basingstoke FTTC - more cabinets this summer!

[re: Jarvey] [link to this post]

Is anybody live on PCP 82 yet?

I'm getting very frustrated in Primrose Gardens, since all the other cabinets appear to be live and accepting orders.
Standard User Jarvey
(newbie) Wed 21-Sep-11 13:04:52
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I am as frustrated as you. The lack of information/updates is what makes it harder to bear. I assume that no one on PCP82 is live or close to live but I'm even beginning to question that assumption now!!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 21-Sep-11 17:21:16
Print Post

I did a bit of checking today.

On the BT.com broadband checker none of the following roads can get get Infinity;
Heritage Park, Lapin Lane, Mayfield Ridge, Cyprus Rd, and I am assuming they all are connected to PCP 82.

If you enter the same postcodes into the BT Wholesale then a fibre connection appears to be available.

My conclusion is that BT Wholesale have given it the thumbs up but it hasn't reached BT Retail. Maybe just a few days to go.

PCP199 was installed a few weeks before PCP82.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User DougM
(member) Wed 21-Sep-11 21:09:44
Print Post

Only one of the four new cabinets in Chineham went live last month, it's now three months since they were all installed. BT is back at the remaining cabinets this week digging trenches to connect power, so I guess they will go live in a few weeks.

It's frustrating that BT Openreach didn't tag these cabinets with predicted availability dates, it is frustrating to see the cabinet every day for 3-4 months but have absolutely no idea when it will go live. Locals unfamiliar with the rollout process have been wasting their time calling BT Retail trying to order, only to be told that these cabinets are "not planned in the next six months"!

As a communication company, BT would do well to start communicating!

-==-
DougM
Standard User curtmantle
(newbie) Thu 22-Sep-11 08:51:07
Print Post

[re: DougM] [link to this post]

I'm at the stage now where just seeing the cabinet being upgraded would be welcome, even if I have to wait a few months to get access.

For those whose cabinet has been upgraded, at least access to faster broadband is on the horizon. For some of us, despite being listed as being part of the current phase, we're wondering if we're going to be upgraded at all.

PCP79 still no signs of an upgrade. With other cabinets in the area having been done, it does make me wonder if it ever will be.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 23-Sep-11 10:55:14
Print Post

I'm down Primrose Gardens and have been waiting patiently (ok, impatiently) too.
I notice that there are now barriers around PCP 82. Maybe they co-ordinated electrical work with the new lampposts going in (though that would be a first I'm sure).
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 23-Sep-11 13:06:54
Print Post

I saw that too and am hoping that this signals a little bit of progress. Clinging to anything I guess!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 23-Sep-11 17:10:17
Print Post

VERY fustrating for me and my neighbours that PCP 74 is not planned for an upgrade... what possible planning problems can there be for a green cabinet hiding behind a bush???
Standard User Hyde_TDS
(newbie) Fri 23-Sep-11 19:17:33
Print Post

[re: curtmantle] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by curtmantle:
I'm at the stage now where just seeing the cabinet being upgraded would be welcome, even if I have to wait a few months to get access.

For those whose cabinet has been upgraded, at least access to faster broadband is on the horizon. For some of us, despite being listed as being part of the current phase, we're wondering if we're going to be upgraded at all.

PCP79 still no signs of an upgrade. With other cabinets in the area having been done, it does make me wonder if it ever will be.
This doesn't fill me with hope at all!! Basingstoke Broadband
Standard User DougM
(member) Fri 23-Sep-11 20:07:01
Print Post

[re: Hyde_TDS] [link to this post]

That's the list from the 2010 rollout, this year's in-fill is to upgrade ~20 of the cabinets from the "ignored" list on that page.

-==-
DougM
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to