General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Hyde_TDS
(newbie) Sat 24-Sep-11 10:07:59
Print Post

Re: Basingstoke FTTC - more cabinets this summer!

[re: DougM] [link to this post]

Phew! Thank God for that. Thanks for the update.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 25-Sep-11 23:23:53
Print Post

[re: DougM] [link to this post]

Interesting

The cabinters are open to all CPs at the Same time - regardless iof whether they sit within the BT Group -=- Bt Reail does not get advance warning -- hence BT retail cannotn tsee them as they are not opened up as yet -- when whey are all will see them at the same tme -- is called equivalence
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 26-Sep-11 19:41:39
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I put our address into the BT Wholesale checker (Mayfield Ridge) and it only showed 512k fixed line speed, ADSL speeds 750kbps - 2.5mbps. So not that hopeful yet...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gr0mit
(learned) Mon 03-Oct-11 14:43:39
Print Post

Hi
Mayfield Ridge is either on cab 199 or 82, at the top of Woodbury Rd. This is scheduled to have been done already so should be any day now.

I am in Belmont Heights on 199 and have FTTC now.

Best Regards
Tim Robinson
TxRx Communications Ltd
Fast wireless broadband for Basingstoke www.hiwifi.co.uk
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 05-Oct-11 13:44:14
Print Post

I don't think BT retail broadband checker will show the cabinets as available unless they can guarantee a minimum of 15mbs - BT wholesale dont seem to have this limitation!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 06-Oct-11 08:51:03
Print Post

I'm on PCP82 (Grosvenor Close) and when checking BT Wholesale says that its live smile Just need to wait until BT Retail gets the same info!
Standard User Thalgrum
(learned) Thu 06-Oct-11 09:27:00
Print Post

I do wish they would do some more of the cabinets that they have missed out so far, they started this work nearly 2 years ago, they have done some cabinets near me, just across into south ham, but sadly looks like buckskin got shafted.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 06-Oct-11 12:16:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
I'm on PCP82 (Grosvenor Close) and when checking BT Wholesale says that its live smile Just need to wait until BT Retail gets the same info!

Thats very odd.. checked it again a few moments ago and no sign at all of FTTC !!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 09-Oct-11 19:43:51
Print Post

Anyone had any luck yet in Chineham - 66 or 67? I saw some work going on around 67 a little while ago, so not sure whether anyone on 67 has now had any luck. Nothing appears to be happening on 66, which I'm on.
Standard User DougM
(member) Sun 09-Oct-11 19:49:28
Print Post

I'm also on PCP 66 and patiently waiting its activation.

The DSLAM for PCP 67 now has power; I'm assuming it is going through a test cycle prior to being marked active.

The roadworks scheduled to provide power to the PCP 66 DSLAM were cancelled. Replacement works are not yet scheduled. I'm checking www.elgin.gov.uk daily for updates.

-==-
DougM
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to