Thought it worth following this up with a summary of my dealings with BT so far...
- I placed order with BT on 24th Feb for a new line to be installed, and BT Infinity to then be installed.
- I got an installation for both the line and BT Infinity of 17th March.
- Line install got brought forward and was actually installed on 12th March.
- I checked the online order tracking portal at BT on 16th March to make sure the 17th was still on for the Infinity install. Saw that the date had changed to 23rd March. Needless to say, I was straight on the phone to BT.
They told me that 'as it was a new line that the fibre service was being installed onto, the date of the 17th hadn't transferred into the engineer's system and - as a result, the soonest date possible would be 23rd March'.
- I obtained an assurance by the BT person that this date was set, and there would be no delays.
- 23rd March: I had taken a day off work to be at home when BT engineer arrived.
It was an 0800-1300hrs appointment scheduled.
No contact had been made with me by 1315hrs, so I called BT to be fobbed off with all sorts of B.S. and after about 35mins of hanging on the phone I was told to expect a call from a local (Openreach?) engineer later that day.
- 1800hrs came and went, so I called BT again.
More B.S. - told I will definitely get a call by the close of business the next day (i.e. 1700hrs on 24th March).
- 24th March: no call, so I phoned BT again. Yet more rubbish from them, and I still have no idea what is going on.
- 25th March (today): logged back into the portal to be confronted with a new date of 8th April (2 weeks from today). I called BT to question why a further 2 weeks when I should have been a priority case, due to them having missed 2 prior appointment dates.
More holding on the phone, then eventually the rep at the other end came back to tell me exactly nothing.
- Told them I was not happy to go ahead with BT Infinity, as if they cannot even communicate with a customer why their time was being wasted then I held out very little, if any, hope of them resolving any future problems should they arise. So I cancelled my order, to be told that the line would be freed up no sooner than Tuesday of next week!!!
An absolutely abysmal, frustrating service from BT.
I've today pre-advised Aquiss that I'll be signing with them as soon as the line is clear of the stench that is BT!!!