General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User nmg196
(member) Tue 01-Mar-11 19:57:49
Print Post

Re: Disappointing fibre install

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

OK you've lost me now... My line has the same figures as yours. What's not normal about it? IP profile is always lower than the sync isn't it?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 01-Mar-11 19:59:56
Print Post

[re: nmg196] [link to this post]

And speed is always lower than the IP Profile. Often considerably so.

Aquiss have clarified your confusion.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre.
Standard User pouser
(regular) Tue 01-Mar-11 19:59:59
Print Post

[re: pouser] [link to this post]

I am using BT Broadband as ISP.......

can anyone suggest somewhere to download a file from that might go at a reliable high speed?

I have tried download sites and share sites and they are disappointingly slow.

My real beef on this is that upload is constanly fast now...to bt vault it show upload of 850-900 but same file back down is slower...!

Steve

Edited by pouser (Tue 01-Mar-11 20:07:24)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 01-Mar-11 20:00:39
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by aquiss:
You appear to be mixing up min sync speeds, with "Assured Rates", something that i notice a few ISPs reps are doing also wink

The Assured Rate is 12Mbps
That's the second time you've posted this. Do you have a link or have you made it up?

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User nmg196
(member) Tue 01-Mar-11 20:02:12
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

What I was told today is that BT claim your minimum DOWNLOAD speed is 15Mb (not sync speed!). I might have been told the wrong figure today,but I'm not mixing up sync and throughput as I'm perfectly aware of the difference between download/throughput and sync speed.

"BT has said that customers can expect an average of around 30Mb and a minimum DOWNLOAD speed of 15Mb on its new Infinity packages." - and that's also what I was told today. They never mentioned sync speed. Source: http://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/bt-infinity-review...
Standard User nmg196
(member) Tue 01-Mar-11 20:07:32
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
You appear to be mixing up min sync speeds, with "Assured Rates", something that i notice a few ISPs reps are doing also wink

That's the second time you've posted this. Do you have a link or have you made it up?

I was told by BT Openreach today in person. But a simple google shows it's also here:
http://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/bt-infinity-review...

I don't know why everyone's getting so worked up and hostile over the difference between download and sync speed. They're almost the same to within 10% (assuming you're using BT's tester). This guy is getting 1.6Mb when he's expecting 40! A difference of that magnitude clearly has NOTHING to do with the IP network overhead, so he clearly has another problem.

Or are you really trying to say that getting 1.6Mb throughput on a line likely to be syncing at 40Mb is normal?!
Standard User nmg196
(member) Tue 01-Mar-11 20:10:30
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

OK I apologise, I meant "download" in each case (as their tester doesn't (can't?) measure your sync).
Standard User nmg196
(member) Tue 01-Mar-11 20:11:29
Print Post

In reply to a post by pouser:
can anyone suggest somewhere to download a file from that might go at a reliable high speed?

This site:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/download.html
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Tue 01-Mar-11 20:12:09
Print Post

How about a download from here ?

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 01-Mar-11 20:13:04
Print Post

[re: nmg196] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by nmg196:
In reply to a post by BatBoy:

I was told by BT Openreach today in person.
Not you, dude. Question to Aquiss "isp"

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to