General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Rebeldiamond
(newbie) Wed 02-Mar-11 17:36:27
Print Post

Re: New Infinity install

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

I've just called the BT engineer who installed it and he thinks it has to be something at the exchange as his equipment showed i was synching at 39.99
(newbie) Wed 02-Mar-11 18:13:35
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

What would you suggest i do MrSaffron?
Standard User vivaciti
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 02-Mar-11 18:24:43
Print Post

[re: Rebeldiamond] [link to this post]

You will need to call BT Retail to get them to fix it.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Wed 02-Mar-11 22:50:58
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

I've called them twice and they keep telling me that there is a 10 day training on the line, now although this may well be true i do not believe i should be downloading at 3kB/s.

In the welcome letter it states that the engineer would set-up 1 pc in the house, this never happened as i had to set it up myself, if he had then he would've seen for himself.
I've moved from fast.co.uk whose customer service was unbelievably brilliant and so far with BT i am very unhappy.
I should NOT have been left with a 3kB/s d/l speed on infinity when i had 400kB/s on adsl frown
Standard User eddie1150
(regular) Wed 02-Mar-11 22:59:19
Print Post

In reply to a post by Rebeldiamond:
I've called them twice and they keep telling me that there is a 10 day training on the line, now although this may well be true i do not believe i should be downloading at 3kB/s.

In the welcome letter it states that the engineer would set-up 1 pc in the house, this never happened as i had to set it up myself, if he had then he would've seen for himself.
I've moved from fast.co.uk whose customer service was unbelievably brilliant and so far with BT i am very unhappy.
I should NOT have been left with a 3kB/s d/l speed on infinity when i had 400kB/s on adsl frown

To be honest, what did you expect lol?
(newbie) Sat 05-Mar-11 00:51:39
Print Post

[re: eddie1150] [link to this post]

BT sent another engineer out today and it turns out i had a faulty HH3 so he replaced it and my result is now...

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User orly
(experienced) Sat 05-Mar-11 05:00:23
Print Post

BT sent another engineer out today and it turns out i had a faulty HH3 so he replaced it and my result is now...

My Broadband Speed Test

Happy with BT now then?

---
BT Infinity 8th July 2010
Connected to: P23 Kilmaine Road, Bangor, BT19 6DT (NIBA)
600m (approx) to cabinet
25.5mbit down / 7.6mbit up

Previously:
BT Broadband, roughly 4mbit sync
4KM line / 54dB atten / 9dB SNR / Netgear DG834GT
(newbie) Sat 05-Mar-11 09:11:27
Print Post

[re: orly] [link to this post]

I am yes, i found out the normal telephone based support to be attrocious but a simple PM to a BT rep on here got me a phone call from him and an engineer booked for the next day.
I also found out they do a brilliant contact service via Twitter too smile
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 05-Mar-11 09:23:47
Print Post

I am yes, i found out the normal telephone based support to be attrocious but a simple PM to a BT rep on here got me a phone call from him and an engineer booked for the next day.
Telephone support with most large ISPs seems to be limited to telling people how to get to set up their email account and such-like. In other words, basic customer training.

It isn't for problem resolution where something is not working to spec.

Given the volume they must have to deal with that is understandable. But the failure to have a rapid and almost automatic escalation to a fault resolution team is ridiculous and counter-productive, as well as being bad for the morale of the staff concerned.

Why oh why, with so many such ISPs, does it need to be public complaints in various forums, not just these ones, about possibly weeks or months of problems and customer frustration before BT_Care or their equivalent elsewhere step in and it is sorted within hours?

These people do an excellent job, but how come their own telephone support level can't pass stuff to them?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre.
Standard User undecidedadrian
(learned) Sat 05-Mar-11 09:42:50
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Telephone support with most large ISPs seems to be limited to telling people how to get to set up their email account and such-like. In other words, basic customer training.

It isn't for problem resolution where something is not working to spec.

Given the volume they must have to deal with that is understandable. But the failure to have a rapid and almost automatic escalation to a fault resolution team is ridiculous and counter-productive, as well as being bad for the morale of the staff concerned.

Why oh why, with so many such ISPs, does it need to be public complaints in various forums, not just these ones, about possibly weeks or months of problems and customer frustration before BT_Care or their equivalent elsewhere step in and it is sorted within hours?

These people do an excellent job, but how come their own telephone support level can't pass stuff to them?

At the end of the day it boils down to some bean counter who has a theory that they can save the company a fortune by having the lowest possible level of customer care. The company pats them on the head and implements it.

Of course it looks like they are saving money but in real terms you get irritated customers poor publicity on forums etc and a terrible reputation. But all that the company management looks at is the bottom line.

I had a similar situation when I moved to Sky when they first started offering broadband and it took 9 weeks of daily phone calls to get the move properly sorted out as their sytem had a fault. Once I started posted in forums about the horrible experience I was phoned by a senior manager and it was sorted that day.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to