FTTC has been available here since the end of last year and I've been sitting and waiting since to see how it pans out. Well in the last quarter, although there are quite a few options, they're all quite a bit more expensive than what I currently pay with Be, with the exception of BT.
Therefore, I'm thinking of going for 'BT Unlimited Broadband & Calls', as we already have the unlimited calls with BT. The speed change from Be would be from 6MB / 1MB to 38MB / 9MB, so quite a step.
However, I've a few questions;
My current config is master socket downstairs with an ADSL Nation XTE-2005 faceplate (nothing plugged into this socket). From this socket, I've CAT5 cable running from back of the master socket (without the ringer cable) to a ADSL Nation XTF-85 filtered faceplate where the modem and phone is connected in the office.
1. Therefore, how would BT setup in my situation?
2. Is the hub, the new BT Home Hub 3? If not, what is used? Any pics/details available?
3. With BT lifting the 300GB limit, can it be expected that all the high bandwidth users are going to jump across (we're very light users, less than 50GB)
4. Although the 'traffic shaping' is for P2P, does it impact regular surfing? Is it refined enough? We're not big users, but when we do use it, we want it to work.
5. Does anyone have a Vodafone Sure Signal working on FTTC?
6. As it's not static IP, how often does the IP change? (edited to add)
Sorry for so many questions, but before potentially signing up to a 18 month contract, I want to ensure that everything appears as it should and everything works how it should (within reason)...
I hope that all makes sense and hoping people can help. If anyone needs any clarification, please let me know.
Edited by WannabeMKII (Sat 12-Mar-11 18:32:54)