General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lexden16
(member) Mon 17-Feb-14 19:00:01
Print Post

lexden16

[re: rikscha] [link to this post]

Can you point me in the right direction on where to find instructions on how to hack it? I'd rather hack it then sell it and get an UK version.

Google

rukerneltool 7390

The instructions are in German!!

I have never done it - nor will I ever try. If you require further information then I suggest that you post on the overseas AVM forum on whirlpool.net.au. Don't post separately (i.e.; in the main body) as our down-under cousins get rather upset.

FWIW, I think that I read that the 'fix' works for internet connection but it will not fix the connection to the UK phone system. Best of luck.

Edit: this might help

http://rukerneltool.rainerullrich.de/ruKernelTool-Ho...

Edited by lexden16 (Mon 17-Feb-14 19:12:47)

Standard User jg_
(newbie) Wed 26-Feb-14 13:36:29
Print Post

Re: How to get a Fritz!Box 7390 working as a VDSL modem

Just to add to lexden16's reply, the info is all at the rukerneltool website - in German. There are some English instructions for flashing a German 7170 with firmware for the International version and the process is effectively identical for the 7390. However, like Lexden16 says, this is risky as you will invalidate the warranty and could brick your Fritzbox. Additionally, the rukerneltool program is entirely in German. If you don't feel comfortable figuring out the process for the 7390 from the 7170 instructions or don't fancy the risk of dead Fritzbox, then this is not for you.

However, I have flashed a couple of German 7390s with code for the International one, allowing the web interface to be set to English (the German 7390 has no option to change this). Having used my 7390 with International firmware in Germany for a while, I have now returned to the UK and am using it with BT Infinity. Note that once flashed with the International firmware, the 7390 takes updates for this firmware from the web interface - you don't have to keep tinkering with rukerneltool.

The settings I use for BT Infinity are:

username - as on the BT Home Hub
password - blank
VLAN ID - 101
VPI - 1
VCI - 32
Encapsulation - PPoE

and under DSL/Line Settings, Annex Settings - Annex A
(I found it won't connect if set to Annex B).

I have the Internet, DECT and VoIP all working and now need an adaptor from the German Fritzbox Y cable (RJ45, pins 1 and 8 for POTS) to BT (pins 2 and 5).

HTH
JG
Standard User rikscha
(newbie) Sat 01-Mar-14 17:18:22
Print Post

[re: jg_] [link to this post]

I successfully flashed my fritzbox with your mentioned tool.
The process is very straightforward and in fact there is no risk of bricking your box as the tool is not touching the boot loader of the fritzbox. You can fairly easily switch between different firmwares.

I will test my box on Monday and let you know if it worked. I am using my box with VoIP and a DECT phone, therefore cabling isn't an issue. I cannot find any Annex settings? Could you provide a screenshot perhaps?

Thanks!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jg_
(newbie) Sat 01-Mar-14 18:30:41
Print Post

I cannot find any Annex settings? Could you provide a screenshot perhaps?

The Annex settings are under Internet / DSL Information, on the Line Settings tab and at the bottom of the page. You don't see these settings on the German version of the 7390 (until you have an International firmware loaded).
Standard User rikscha
(newbie) Tue 04-Mar-14 14:36:21
Print Post

[re: jg_] [link to this post]

I could not see the settings, because my FB was setup to connect through another Wifi network. When I switched to DSL, all was there.

I successfully synced the box at my office FTTC connection at 78d / 20u

I did not have any login details to retrieve an IP though. I suppose the sync is what really matters and I should not have any problems connecting it to BT infinity ?
Standard User R1ZLaUK
(newbie) Sun 08-Mar-15 02:53:41
Print Post

[re: Quark999] [link to this post]

I, for the life of me can't get my 7390 working at all. I've tried all the suggestions and settings on this and other forums but just can't seem to find the answer. I'm on fttc with Plusnet but from what I've read, the vlan setting 101 etc is all the same, I just have to put my password in. I can get everything working with the supplied router/modem. Can anybody point me in the right direction please?

Kind regards

R1ZLaUK
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 08-Mar-15 14:26:30
Print Post

[re: R1ZLaUK] [link to this post]

Are you getting the username right? That's a common mistake that I've made a few times. It's AccountUsername@plusdsl.net

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 52.8 (interleaved)/15.0Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User R1ZLaUK
(newbie) Mon 09-Mar-15 11:57:56
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes the account username and password are correct. Like I say everything works when using the supplied router/modem. So I've discounted things like faulty cables as they work fine when swapping them over. So frustrating when it should be a simple process - I really am stumped!

Juse to be perfectly clear I'm entering ******@plusdsl.net and also my supplied password. Is that correct?

Edited by R1ZLaUK (Mon 09-Mar-15 16:16:15)

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Mar-15 12:33:06
Print Post

[re: R1ZLaUK] [link to this post]

From what Bob suggested, it looks like the bit before the @ should be in capitals, in part.

Edited by Zarjaz (Mon 09-Mar-15 12:33:53)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 09-Mar-15 12:50:28
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

No, I was just adding readability to the italicised bit. Username there is the same as the username for his Plusnet account, with the @... added to create the broadband login one. I don't know if it is case sensitive or not.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4 (interleaved)/15.6Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to