General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User DougM
(member) Tue 12-Jul-11 18:43:58
Print Post

Re: How to get a Fritz!Box 7390 working as a VDSL modem

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

I can confirm the lab release for the 7390 does add VLAN to the 'Account Information | Settings' page:
Please note that a VLAN ID is required only in special cases. The required ID was supplied by your Internet Service Provider.

Use VLAN for Internet access.
VLAN ID [ 0 ]

I've not been able to test since I'm using my 7390 on an ADSL2+ connection, patiently awaiting activation of the shiny new VSDL2 cabinet installed 2-3 weeks ago. Once I'm activated I'll report back if this works, probably another month or so frown.

-==-
DougM
Standard User colesy10
(regular) Wed 13-Jul-11 15:34:12
Print Post

[re: DougM] [link to this post]

I'm going to hold out for the final release rather than the lab version.
I have a rock solid very good connection at the moment with ipv6, so don't want to perform a reset on the line at the moment.
Once it's released I will upgrade then and report back to tell if the fb editor is still necessary.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 13-Jul-11 16:54:08
Print Post

[re: colesy10] [link to this post]

Has anybody use this and the Draytek Vigor 7250n?

I was wondering about which one to buy and wanted somebodies opion who had tried both.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User m00g
(newbie) Tue 16-Aug-11 18:39:06
Print Post

[re: DougM] [link to this post]

Using the latest firmware, and manually setting VLAN ID to 101 apparently works according (somewhat tortuosly) to an Australian Whirlpool Forum post about BT FTTC and FB7390.

First of all I put on the Lab beta firmware.
After first disconnecting the Openreach Modem, I then attached the Fritzbox and tried to set up with the wizard, this did not create a successful connection.

I then entered the Fritzbox admin pages "OVERVIEW/INTERNET/ACCOUNT INFORMATION.

Under the SETTINGS Tab:
CONNECTION: I have, Internet connection Via DSL
OPERATING MODE: I have, Use one Internet connection for all computers (router)
ACCOUNT INFORMATION: I have, Account information required (PPPoE/PPPoA connection)

CONNECTION SETTINGS:
User name is: [email protected]
Password is left blank

Maintain Internet connection permanently is checked

Delay disconnection by provider to the period between 1-2 o'clock is checked, but I am not sure what this is for.

Clear Internet connection automatically after . This is UNCHECKED.

Prioritization of the network devices requires data about the speed of your DSL line:
Set the speeds of the DSL line automatically is CHECKED.

Under VLAN Settings:
Use VLAN for Internet access is CHECKED with a VLAN of 101 entered by me.

DSL ATM Settings:
These were left at default settings, which was define the settings.

PPoE
I have tried the setting DETECT here, but it goes back to Define the settings
and last of all:
Check the Internet connection after "Apply" has been clicked.

Connection was established.

I have also enabled support for IPv6.

If you require some screen shots of the settings pages I can email them to you.

If there is anything else you need let me know.
Standard User chrisadsl
(newbie) Tue 16-Aug-11 21:47:39
Print Post

[re: Quark999] [link to this post]

I've got Fritz Box 7050 and if FTTC arrives our way on the next 6 months I was thinking of getting the 7390 (and hopefully be a bit cheaper by then!) But please tell me that it can be configured to show lengths in metres!
Standard User m00g
(newbie) Fri 19-Aug-11 14:45:18
Print Post

[re: chrisadsl] [link to this post]

Got BT installed yesterday.

confirmed that the current labs/beta firmware allows you to specify VLAN. I did not need to use FBeditor.

I've replaced the openreach modem and HH3 with FB7390 and all is good.
Standard User tonym
(member) Fri 19-Aug-11 15:23:53
Print Post

[re: m00g] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by m00g:
Got BT installed yesterday.

confirmed that the current labs/beta firmware allows you to specify VLAN. I did not need to use FBeditor.

I've replaced the openreach modem and HH3 with FB7390 and all is good.

The new official Firmware out yesterday, is supposed to enable the setting of the VLAN as well.

Leaving mine on the beta for another few days.

tonym
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 20-Aug-11 07:02:58
Print Post

[re: tonym] [link to this post]

Hi, I have a 3970 and just had infinity installed. I can confirm that the firmware released on 18th allows you to set the clan to 101 - which is needed. Other important factor seems to be that you need to have the option 'define ATM settings' set to Manual and NOT set to automatic. You can keep the default settings (mine is 1 and 32) - then it appears to work fine. Mine's been running for a day so far without incident. Hope it helps ... DaveT
Standard User tonym
(member) Sat 20-Aug-11 13:13:39
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Hi, I have a 3970 and just had infinity installed. I can confirm that the firmware released on 18th allows you to set the clan to 101 - which is needed. Other important factor seems to be that you need to have the option 'define ATM settings' set to Manual and NOT set to automatic. You can keep the default settings (mine is 1 and 32) - then it appears to work fine. Mine's been running for a day so far without incident. Hope it helps ... DaveT

I was using the default settings of 1 and 32 with the Lab beta firmware, tried to do auto but it resets to the figures above anyway.

I will leave mine running with the beta firmware for a few more days before I update to the latest official f/w.

tonym
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 20-Aug-11 19:10:54
Print Post

[re: tonym] [link to this post]

Just out of interest, has anyone experienced any issues with the fixed line pbx side of things? I have a dreadful background hiss when using the fritz fine via deft, or a normal phone via fon1. The quality of the sample hd voice is perfect, as are the spoken menus of the answer phone - it only happens when I make or receive fixed line calls. Bt installed the faceplate vdsl splitter when they installed infinity and I even tried another splitter before the fritz y cable, but it didn't help. Are y-splitter cables needed for vdsl ?

DaveT
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to