General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User DougM
(member) Sat 20-Aug-11 20:31:15
Print Post

Re: How to get a Fritz!Box 7390 working as a VDSL modem

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Same for me, been meaning to try adding an extra filter to the voice side to see if it helps. For now I use the Fritz purely for SIP, not for PSTN calls.

-==-
DougM
Standard User tonym
(member) Sat 20-Aug-11 20:51:26
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Just out of interest, has anyone experienced any issues with the fixed line pbx side of things? I have a dreadful background hiss when using the fritz fine via deft, or a normal phone via fon1. The quality of the sample hd voice is perfect, as are the spoken menus of the answer phone - it only happens when I make or receive fixed line calls. Bt installed the faceplate vdsl splitter when they installed infinity and I even tried another splitter before the fritz y cable, but it didn't help. Are y-splitter cables needed for vdsl ?

DaveT

I will try it out tomorrow, only just set up the Fritz 7390 a few days ago.
I am using the supplied Y splitter and am setting up the Fritzbox as the dect base station.

Not using VOIP yet
I have 3 dect phones and have set the mobile phone HTC Desire HD to use the PSTN network while indoors for outgoing and incoming calls.

I shall also try a phone connected to FON 1 and let you know tomorrow about any noticble noise.

[edit] Have both of you had a look at this thread on the Aussie forums about noise:
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1...

tonym

Edited by tonym (Sat 20-Aug-11 21:01:16)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 20-Aug-11 22:03:47
Print Post

[re: tonym] [link to this post]

Thanks for the link - symptoms sound very similar - although I'd already tried an additional splitter to the integrated one in the faceplate and it didn't help in my case. Background hiss is so bad I can't hear voices, so pstn calls currently not possible for me.

I've cleared the room of anything else remotely electric to ensure no interference and still no difference. Just to repeat though, messages from fritz built in answering machine are clear as anything - it's only when I access pstn.

I know for sure pstn is ok because I have tested unplugging just the telephone part of the y cable from the master socket and plugging a standard telephone in the master socket. Test call in and out were perfect and didn't affect Internet access via the fritz. Would be interesting to hear if others are affected and more importantly any ideas for a fix

DaveT

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tonym
(member) Sun 21-Aug-11 09:26:49
Print Post

In reply to a post by tonym:
In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Just out of interest, has anyone experienced any issues with the fixed line pbx side of things? I have a dreadful background hiss when using the fritz fine via deft, or a normal phone via fon1. The quality of the sample hd voice is perfect, as are the spoken menus of the answer phone - it only happens when I make or receive fixed line calls. Bt installed the faceplate vdsl splitter when they installed infinity and I even tried another splitter before the fritz y cable, but it didn't help. Are y-splitter cables needed for vdsl ?

DaveT

I will try it out tomorrow, only just set up the Fritz 7390 a few days ago.
I am using the supplied Y splitter and am setting up the Fritzbox as the dect base station.

Not using VOIP yet
I have 3 dect phones and have set the mobile phone HTC Desire HD to use the PSTN network while indoors for outgoing and incoming calls.

I shall also try a phone connected to FON 1 and let you know tomorrow about any noticble noise.

[edit] Have both of you had a look at this thread on the Aussie forums about noise:
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1...

Further to the earlier post, have tried dect phones using the Fritzbox as the base station, no sound problems.
I have tried a cordless dect phone plugged into FON 1 and again no sound problems.
I have tried a mobile phone using Fritzfon app to make calls via the fritzbox through the landline no sound problems.

This is with using the fritz supplied splitter cable and the engineer installed vdsl front plate.

have you tried updating the firmware to the latest Official release that came out a couple of days ago.

tonym
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 30-Aug-11 14:17:15
Print Post

ok, finally got the 3970 fully working smile

key things :
Make sure you're on the latest firmware (allows VLAN changes)
Choose VLAN 101
ATM must be set manual
usename : [email protected]

For voice interference problems, i did the following :

Tried my 3970 on a friends infinity. All worked perfectly - no interference ...

So I researched and found that the BT wiring coming into my house (one pair - BLUE/white and WHITE/BLUE). In my case it appeared that they had been wired incorrectly to the A and B termination points - so, er, naturally I called up BT and asked them to swap them round for me, cos you're not allowed to swap them by yourself ...

After that was done, everything works perfectly !!!

Hope it helps !

DaveT
Standard User willuk2010
(newbie) Mon 12-Sep-11 21:15:49
Print Post

-- removed and posted in the stats thread --

Edited by willuk2010 (Mon 12-Sep-11 21:52:04)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 27-Sep-11 18:59:14
Print Post

[re: Quark999] [link to this post]

new firmware does not need this there is an entry in the user interface for VLAN id
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 16-Feb-12 00:54:10
Print Post

Please could somebody in the know tell me one thing I an unclear on with the Fritz 7390...if I want to use it as my modem-and router on infinity and I set up all the parameters as listed in above posts my simple question before the engineer shows up is what wire/connection do I use on the infinity faceplate if I don't use the open reach modem do I use the splt y cable suppled right in the BT infinity faceplate or am I going to have to use a LAN cable?? (vlan terminology confuses me on this)...I am just unclear if it is the cable supplied with the fritzbox from the back of the fritbox's adsl port or lan1 to an rj45 socket on the BT faceplate to use it as a modem? anyone have a few picks to clear up what is used for infinty would be superb

Thanks
Standard User colesy10
(regular) Thu 16-Feb-12 11:24:53
Print Post

The engineer will want to fit the Openreach modem as that's in the terms and conditions, and for any fault diagnosis.

But if you want to use the Fritz then you can use either a normal RJ11 cable from the DSL socket of the Fritz to the top socket of the face plate (it accepts rj45 and rj11 cables). Or you can use the Fritz Y splitter RJ11 end or even a Cat5E/Cat6 cable from the the top socket of the faceplate to the Fritzbox DSL port.

The new firmware has a section you can just put the vlan id of 101, so no need of the older method of using special software.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 16-Feb-12 20:21:56
Print Post

[re: colesy10] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by colesy10:
The engineer will want to fit the Openreach modem as that's in the terms and conditions, and for any fault diagnosis.

But if you want to use the Fritz then you can use either a normal RJ11 cable from the DSL socket of the Fritz to the top socket of the face plate (it accepts rj45 and rj11 cables). Or you can use the Fritz Y splitter RJ11 end or even a Cat5E/Cat6 cable from the the top socket of the faceplate to the Fritzbox DSL port.

The new firmware has a section you can just put the vlan id of 101, so no need of the older method of using special software.

So I can use the splitter cable as it sit in the dsl/ tel socket of the fritzbox? If I do have the modem put in but the remove it ASAP I just connect the split cable one into tel the other rj11 into the data line and that's it.... Sounds to good to be true. Also to clarify if I used a seperate rj45 cable it also will work in the dsl/ tel socket of the fritz.... or do you mean in the Lan1 port...

Has anyone just asked for the modem to be left off at install??

Many thanks
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to