General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User burakkucat
(learned) Thu 05-May-11 01:38:04
Print Post

Re: Strange Cabinet

[re: Embraer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Embraer:
. . . it shows my postcode PR26 7JQ . . .
Somewhat off-topic but how does the information here correlate to reality?

-----------------------------------------------------

100% Linux and, previously, Unix.
Standard User Ribble
(regular) Thu 05-May-11 01:49:11
Print Post

[re: burakkucat] [link to this post]

“YES” = Part of scheduled deployment- dosnt mean its ready for service/accepting orders
Standard User burakkucat
(learned) Thu 05-May-11 02:58:15
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ribble:
“YES” = Part of scheduled deployment- dosnt mean its ready for service/accepting orders
Utterly logical. smile

So, checking against my postcode --

$ awk -F, '/IP326AU/ { print $1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $6, $7, $8, $9, $10 }' PCP*.csv
EABSE BURY ST. EDMONDS IP326AU {EABSE}{p28} 0 100 6.08 4b Yes FTTC

The first glaring error is in the spelling of the exchange name. It is the same as the town, Bury St Edmunds. Bah!

My cabinet, 28, is deployed, active and available for CP orders. (As it is shown as Phase 4b, I wonder if all Phase 4b cabinets in the country are in an identical state or, perhaps, I can only expect that all Phase 4b cabinets connected to EABSE are active. Hmm . . . )

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Embraer
(regular) Thu 05-May-11 14:39:51
Print Post

It's a little vague on some things, the first bunch of descriptions seem to cover just about everybody, but it's a reasonable respresentation

If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more understanding bank managers!

3 Macs, 1 Netgear 834GT with DGTeam firmware, 1 Apple Timecapsule. Bye Bye AOHell, Hello O2, Bye Bye O2 once FTTC arrives on my exchange
Standard User Embraer
(member) Thu 05-May-11 14:43:45
Print Post

Yeah, I'll keep everybody updated. If I manage to get an FTTC order in without an obvious FTTC cab I'll be taking a trip back to cab41 with the engineer to see what he's doing. Still no sign of a twin, and regardless of all the evidence I won't be completely at ease until I'm seriously cooking on gas with Infinity smile

If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more understanding bank managers!

3 Macs, 1 Netgear 834GT with DGTeam firmware, 1 Apple Timecapsule. Bye Bye AOHell, Hello O2, Bye Bye O2 once FTTC arrives on my exchange
Standard User WWWombat
(member) Thu 05-May-11 15:36:43
Print Post

My exchange & many local cabinets are described as 4b. The exchange went live in November, with many cabs, but mine got delayed until April - seemingly with power problems.

So I wouldn't assume that every 4b cabinet is *actually* deployed yet.

However, while the BIG file has the column "Deployed" which really means "In the normal schedule" (as "No" means it is still in the schedule but delayed, and blanks means it isn't in any plans)... the other document lists the cabinets that are RFS (ready for service).

It shows that cabinets 1,7,8,10,13,15-22,24-26,28-31,34,36-46,48,49,51,53-56,59,61,63,66,68,71,72 are RFS.
Of those, #40 is marked as New.
Standard User Embraer
(member) Thu 05-May-11 16:04:21
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

So punch in my postcode and you get {LCLEY}{p41} - 0 - 100 - 25.54 - 6b - Yes - FTTC

This is good then, right? By other document are you talking about the one dated 15th April running at 270k? If so quite correctly nothing for my exchange is showing as the RFS is scheduled for 30th June. I like the 25.54 btw, don't you smile

Standard User burakkucat
(regular) Thu 05-May-11 18:29:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by Embraer:
So punch in my postcode and you get {LCLEY}{p41} - 0 - 100 - 25.54 - 6b - Yes - FTTC

This is good then, right?
<snip>
I like the 25.54 btw, don't you smile
I read that the Leyland, Lancashire, exchange PCP No. 41 will have FTTC deployed in Phase 6b and that an average user could then, perhaps, see a 25.54 fold increase in speed. What it does not tell us is when Phase 6b will be enacted (although we can guess it's some time now -- from the other PCPs in the area that have already been given a "fibre twin" cabinet.)

So, yes. That is good. smile And the 25.54 is a bit of a silly multiplier . . .

Edited by burakkucat (Thu 05-May-11 18:35:09)

Standard User WWWombat
(member) Thu 05-May-11 19:24:06
Print Post

Seems good to me.

The other document is the "BTW-FTTC-Exchange-and-Cabs-15042011" one, 264K here.

I guess the names of the phases are irrelevant. Yes, that is how BT went about adding exchanges to the plan, but then individual exchanges have dates that move around. Woking, a 5b, seems to have dropped back to Dec 2011, while yours, a 6b, has pushed up quite well it seems.

I don't care much about the uplift - it's all based on averages, and probably aimed at marketing. All I care about is what my speed will go to - and the average won't help.
Standard User Embraer
(member) Sat 14-May-11 18:05:59
Print Post

The news is no news, here endeth the update. No sign of any new OR work since my last post 9 days ago frown

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to