General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User burakkucat
(committed) Fri 17-Feb-12 23:24:54
Print Post

Re: Strange Cabinet

[re: Embraer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Embraer:
We have progress, a hole & a trench, lots of orange barriers and a commitment from Openreach that orders will be placeable by mid-April smile
That will only be eleven and a half months from your first post, starting this thread . . .

Are there any photographs of the hole & trench available? Their location on Google Maps, perhaps?

-----------------------------------------------------

100% Linux and, previously, Unix.
Standard User Embraer
(member) Sat 18-Feb-12 12:41:06
Print Post

[re: burakkucat] [link to this post]

A hole is a hole but definitely fttc related. I'll try and get a picture tomorrow

If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more understanding bank managers!

3 Macs, 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, 1 Netgear 834GT with DGTeam firmware, 1 Apple Timecapsule extended by 2 AEs. Bye Bye AOHell, Hello O2, See Ya O2 once FTTC FINALLY arrives from my cab
Standard User Embraer
(member) Tue 21-Feb-12 11:42:06
Print Post

But when is a hole not a hole?

When there's an FTTC cabinet planted right on top of it smile

Link

If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more understanding bank managers!

3 Macs, 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, 1 Netgear 834GT with DGTeam firmware, 1 Apple Timecapsule extended by 2 AEs. Bye Bye AOHell, Hello O2, See Ya O2 once FTTC FINALLY arrives from my cab

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User c4rtm4n
(member) Fri 24-Feb-12 14:16:44
Print Post

Not directly related to this cabinet but I started to get all excited when I saw a bunch of workmen replacing my cabinet on Monday. They took the old one away & I assumed that there was a new FTTC one in it's place but on closer inspection today it's the same as the one in Embraer's original photo
My Cab 1
My Cab 2

I have a date of 1/6/2012 for FTTC so am not getting too upset just yet but why would BT need to replace what was only a 10 year old cabinet already?

Steve
Standard User Ribble
(member) Fri 24-Feb-12 16:04:45
Print Post

[re: c4rtm4n] [link to this post]

cant look at your links right now but guess its a re-shell, which is sometimes required to allow space for the link cables that connect to the fibre cabinet
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Fri 24-Feb-12 19:51:05
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

It's a re-shell.

vFast Ltd
Downstream ~24336.33 kbit/s - ~2970.74 KB/s
Upstream ~10224.86 kbit/s - ~1248.15 KB/s
Standard User burakkucat
(committed) Sat 25-Feb-12 03:44:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by Embraer:
But when is a hole not a hole?

When there's an FTTC cabinet planted right on top of it smile

Link
Thanks for the link. That cabinet has been a long time coming!

Is it sited in the entrance roadway to the new development?

Standard User Embraer
(member) Sat 25-Feb-12 08:39:14
Print Post

FTTC Cab is at 53°41'24.80"N 2°43'58.49"W

Primary Cab is at 53°41'25.71"N 2°44'1.27"W

The issue was the pavements on the Primary's road were too narrow for any new cabinet and Openreach and the contractors were unsure of the status of the road that the FTTC cab is now situated on. It was initially assumed it was unadopted which makes cabinet siting complicated. It turned out, after some digging about, that it was adopted and the work has now commenced

Standard User burakkucat
(committed) Sat 25-Feb-12 20:07:21
Print Post

Got it! smile

I can almost get Google Street View at the same angle as your photograph. Fortunately the shape of the brick wall and the white mark on the brickwork confirms the correct alignment.

Your photograph also has a bonus -- I can see a glimpse of the new development on the north side of Slater Lane.

All you need to do, once your fibre service has been connected, is to post a speed test and then this thread will be complete.

Standard User Embraer
(member) Sat 25-Feb-12 23:38:28
Print Post

And LOCKED wink

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to