General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User D_an_W
(committed) Wed 25-May-11 21:33:35
Print Post

Re: Moving to FTTC, Which Router?

[re: izools] [link to this post]

I can't fault my AE at all!

Standard User Cruncher
(learned) Wed 25-May-11 22:06:18
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
In reply to a post by izools:
In reply to a post by Cruncher:
is fart etc
TBH, that'd annoy me rather.
Similar reaction here smile.

Lol at my typo.....

Obviously i mean fast.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADSL24 - Fibre 30 Pro - Max Sync using a Netgear WNDR3700

My FTTC Broadband Quality Meter
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 25-May-11 22:39:17
Print Post

[re: Cruncher] [link to this post]

You can edit, up to 12 hours after posting smile. Not that it really matters in this case, but just in case you weren't aware that you can when it matters.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Cruncher
(learned) Wed 25-May-11 22:51:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
You can edit, up to 12 hours after posting smile. Not that it really matters in this case, but just in case you weren't aware that you can when it matters.
I'm fully aware of how to use a forum thanks. smile

Even one as 'basic' as this... Hell you cant even use image tags?! shocked

Anyway, whats the point of an edit when its been quoted and replied to multiple times? wink

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 26-May-11 08:26:48
Print Post

Sorry I spoke tongue smile.

I agree with all you say there, but you'd be amazed how many people aren't aware you can edit on this particular system.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

Standard User Cruncher
(learned) Thu 26-May-11 09:41:07
Print Post

Hey Rob,

Sorry if came across rude in my post above, Had a bit of bad news yesterday and was a little short with my reply i think.

I can quite imagine though, i'm a moderator on another PC based site and sometimes reading post you have to wonder how some people even manage to switch on a PC let along login to a forum and post! lol

smile

Edited by Cruncher (Thu 26-May-11 09:41:54)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 26-May-11 10:23:55
Print Post

looking at your reccommendation there is now the v2 of the Buffalo router for £21.

Was there any settings you needed to change on the router for FTTC or was it all plug and play?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 26-May-11 22:45:51
Print Post

smile
I did add a tongue and smile, as it did seem out of character from you. Gone and forgotten.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 26-May-11 23:06:02
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
looking at your reccommendation there is now the v2 of the Buffalo router for £21.
Yes, i saw that a couple of days ago, last time I looked. I would have gone for it when I got mine but mine was £23.56 delivered, and the v2 was something like £45. However ... the label on the back says V2. Pass!

You will find the price changes every day. I think I would just go for the cheapest and see what turns up.
Was there any settings you needed to change on the router for FTTC or was it all plug and play?
I ignored the CD. Then tried to do a manual setup off-line before migration day. Engineer did his line test, connected the modem, connected the router to it, zilch frown.

Tried the wizard - I hate such things almost as much as installation CDs, zilch frown.

Did a factory reset, tried the wizard, gave it my ISP username and password when asked, up and running in under 30 seconds. It even picked up my static IP address without me entering it. Amazing.

So my advice is use the wizard from the start. Similarly the auto-wireless setup which I never found easy with Linksys/Speedtouch/Netgear; press the button, click the icon in the GUI, job done.

The only setting I remember changing after was to enable it to respond to pings, to run the tbb BQM. And I had a go at manually setting the wireless channel from looking at InSSIDer, and found the auto setting worked better.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 01-Jun-11 11:12:29
Print Post

Thanks for that, the Buffalo router turned up yesterday from the BT Shop, they use Dabs.com but have cheaper p&p.

I am using it as a wireless N access point until I get FTTC and I must say it was easy to setup and it don't half pack a wireless signal, full strength in the entire house which is a first.

And all for £21 plus £1.50 p&p
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to