General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ribble
(regular) Mon 09-May-11 15:41:22
Print Post

Re: Leyland Exchange - Cabinet Activation

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Same for me. Post code says due for upgrade, phone and address checker say nothing but the cabinet is in the schedule
Standard User tim27wf
(newbie) Mon 09-May-11 16:30:18
Print Post

[re: tim27wf] [link to this post]

I have had some correspondance with Ian Livingstone CEO BT today and for Leyland that is it for the moment. He has fwd my request to the fibre provisioning dept but the decison on viable cabs and projected roll out will not be changed.

Close but no fibre for me in the short term. If this affects you too I would suggest collaboration to present BT with valid and economical reasons to update the cab local to you.

Thanks
Standard User sonicinternet
(newbie) Sat 21-May-11 16:18:39
Print Post

We are working hard to get high speed wireless to you on fibre distributed by our wireless system. If BT are not bringing fibre to Buckshaw we hope to have the infrastructure in over the next few months. For more info please visit the Buckshaw Community Forums and check the Broadband thread, we will post when any meetings are so that you have the option to attend.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tim27wf
(newbie) Tue 24-May-11 12:50:09
Print Post

[re: sonicinternet] [link to this post]

Thanks, my location is not Buckshaw I was only passing on information I had on this area. I live on the western side of Leyland near the bypass, my estate has been omitted from FTTC rollout this year. The locality gets a whopping .5 to 1mb download speed. I dont live next to Virgin serviced area either.
Standard User Andy_K
(learned) Tue 07-Jun-11 06:55:56
Print Post

SamKnows has been updated to show that Leyland has FTTC in some areas, so perhaps the exchange is now live...

LCLEY SamKnows

Still no sign of the Bukshaw cabinets getting FTTC.

I guess we can only hope and pray !!

Edited by Andy_K (Tue 07-Jun-11 06:57:08)

Standard User sonicinternet
(newbie) Tue 07-Jun-11 07:34:36
Print Post

[re: Andy_K] [link to this post]

Leyland itself is live but there are only certain cabinets that will be upgraded, we have been in touch with BT business in Preston to find out where as we need fibre for our service and have to pay to have it trunked from the nearest area. They told us that Buckshaw will not be done although a few residents have noticed what looks like a fibre cabinet. We are still working on the issue, we have a meeting with the bvca very soon ans will update you as soon as we possibly can as to when we can get to you! If anyone wants to register for a survey on www.sonicinternet.co.uk the more names we have that show an interest the faster we can get this sorted for you!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 14-Jun-11 07:53:31
Print Post

Hi, can you share such correspondance or forward his details so that others may let him know how bad things are.

I am in BV and get no more than 100kps down. Not productive for a remote worker.
Standard User tim27wf
(newbie) Tue 14-Jun-11 13:10:26
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Hi, can you share such correspondance or forward his details so that others may let him know how bad things are.

I am in BV and get no more than 100kps down. Not productive for a remote worker.

If you PM me I will give you all the contact details.
I was told its all planning permission and viablitly as each cab can be 50-80K cost.
As added information I deal with the comms for my company based in Chorley we have also been omitted from the FTTC update there. We also have a company in Leyland on Buckshaw.
Researchig and talking to BT over the last 8 weeks I have detemined that areas with business connections will not be updated at cabinet if can be avoided. My own residential cabinet routes via an Industrial estate in Leyland and the areas of Farington and Hough Lane in parts have been left out.
In my opinion BT has chosed to bypass business areas where possible! Why? Well I have just ordered a 50MB Fibre ethernet leased line now at work and this has cost £9K per year. Why would BT miss out on all the business revenue routing £50 per month fibre through business areas.
Now if you take a trip from Leyland exchange to Buckshaw housing the first thing you go through is the Pub and Industrial estate. I will bet 2-3 of these already have expensive leased lines.
Cheers BT

Edited by tim27wf (Tue 14-Jun-11 13:15:03)

Standard User Embraer
(member) Mon 20-Jun-11 18:08:31
Print Post

Openreach's subcontractors have been back in Leyland today, cabinet 30 which is on the corner of Leyland Lane & Schleswig Way was having it's companion put in place. Asked about any other cabs that they may have been installing but they were heading up to Preston once finished and their job sheet listed nothing more

If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more understanding bank managers!

3 Macs, 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, 1 Netgear 834GT with DGTeam firmware, 1 Apple Timecapsule. Bye Bye AOHell, Hello O2, Bye Bye O2 once FTTC FINALLY arrives on my exchange
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to