General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User gastro2008
(member) Sat 04-Jun-11 20:00:22
Print Post

Re: For The Curious About Openreach FTTC Delays

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Yeah no date for me this year or next , but already done a couple of small exchanges near here
I am on MYWAK exchange and Lofthouse has already been done. But can wait the cabinet is about 20 yards from me.
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Sat 04-Jun-11 21:44:09
Print Post

Re: For The Curious .... Richmond Council

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Unlucky.

Maybe it's worth letting the local paper know so they can do a local news piece raising awareness about the refusals.

vFast Ltd
Downstream ~10 mbps (megabits per second) - ~1250 KBps (kilobytes per second)
Upstream ~2 mbps (megabits per second) - ~250 KBps (kilobytes per second)
Sky MID
Downstream Att. ~62db - SNR ~5.5db - Sync - ~2784 Kbps
Upstream Att. ~31db - SNR ~16db - Sync - ~832 Kbps
Standard User FRS_Plunderer
(experienced) Sat 04-Jun-11 23:03:05
Print Post

I guess Richmond Council don't like fast internetz...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 04-Jun-11 23:25:58
Print Post

[re: FRS_Plunderer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by FRS_Plunderer:
I guess Richmond Council don't like fast internetz...

Just wait until the lack of fast internet starts affecting their house prices, then you'll hear the botching.
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 05-Jun-11 22:22:54
Print Post

Whats the reason for turning down? the council dont want progress?
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 06-Jun-11 16:55:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
I can, regretfully, confirm that Richmond Council were indeed economical with the truth.

I can find 19 applications within my local area, each and every one refused.

All that said BT and Richmond Council's planning department were going to liaise on placement of these cabinets, BT instead placed them where they could outside conservation areas and submitted a load of applications for conservation areas, of which there are many.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 11-Jun-11 06:18:02
Print Post

[re: gastro2008] [link to this post]

Thought I'd give my two cents on the matter.

My exchange (Northolt) has been on the rollout list since June 2010, next to one of the pilot projects in Greenford (a few mins away). I used to work in Greenford, and I was extremely impressed by the pace at which fleets of BT Openreach vans/trucks would swarm in to an area and install new cabinets. It completely changed my view of BT engineers (the stereotypical tea sipping dossers).

I have been desperate for a faster connection for the past 8 years living on a new street that wasn't cabled by Virgin, and as a result I can only get 6Mb maximum on ADSL2+. I was elated by the news that my exchange would go live in June of 2010, amidst the first few exchanges in the country, but I later discovered a BT PDF that detailed new enablement dates for my exchange. June became September.. September became December. December became March, then became June, then July 1st, and now my exchange has been delayed until December 2011. An overall delay of 18 months frown

This is extremely disappointing. I have watched all the surrounding exchanges being enabled, with fancy new cabinets popping up on literally every street corner for miles around. I wouldn't feel so negative about the whole situation if i actually saw the fleets of BT trucks rolling in to my town, and whipping those new cabinets in to place, but it just hasn't happened. And I'm skeptical as to whether it will happen this year. The rollout is really testing my patience to the limit, but I have seen first hand the speed at which BT can install cabinets. So somewhere deep down, I'm still a little optimistic. BT just need to get their skates on laugh
Standard User johnhol
(newbie) Tue 14-Jun-11 10:09:51
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Thought I'd give my two cents on the matter.

My exchange (Northolt) has been on the rollout list since June 2010, next to one of the pilot projects in Greenford (a few mins away). I used to work in Greenford, and I was extremely impressed by the pace at which fleets of BT Openreach vans/trucks would swarm in to an area and install new cabinets. It completely changed my view of BT engineers (the stereotypical tea sipping dossers).

I have been desperate for a faster connection for the past 8 years living on a new street that wasn't cabled by Virgin, and as a result I can only get 6Mb maximum on ADSL2+. I was elated by the news that my exchange would go live in June of 2010, amidst the first few exchanges in the country, but I later discovered a BT PDF that detailed new enablement dates for my exchange. June became September.. September became December. December became March, then became June, then July 1st, and now my exchange has been delayed until December 2011. An overall delay of 18 months frown

This is extremely disappointing. I have watched all the surrounding exchanges being enabled, with fancy new cabinets popping up on literally every street corner for miles around. I wouldn't feel so negative about the whole situation if i actually saw the fleets of BT trucks rolling in to my town, and whipping those new cabinets in to place, but it just hasn't happened. And I'm skeptical as to whether it will happen this year. The rollout is really testing my patience to the limit, but I have seen first hand the speed at which BT can install cabinets. So somewhere deep down, I'm still a little optimistic. BT just need to get their skates on laugh

Welcome to my world.

I signed up with BT at the beginning of February after being told Infinity would be reaqdy by 31st March (this was already 6 months late), then on the 31st I tried ordering and was told 30th June.........now today it's December.

Livid, only reason i went back to BT was because they said Infinity was at most a month away.

Not a sniff of an engineer near our estate.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to