General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sadvampire
(learned) Tue 14-Jun-11 16:00:49
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity Availability Checker Out of Date?

[re: Justo] [link to this post]

Just did today's check &:

Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 30th September 2011

So that's a push back from yesterday's 1st July. But, probably part of the wild variance that happens when they're about to go live with the cabinet (hope so).

I just want a nice warm Blood Bath
Standard User bgriffiths
(member) Tue 14-Jun-11 16:50:08
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by WWWombat:
That's just so they can spend an extra 3 months dashing those raised expectations wink

frown

ISP: Goscomb Technologies
Standard User Justo
(learned) Tue 14-Jun-11 17:07:02
Print Post

[re: sadvampire] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sadvampire:
So that's a push back from yesterday's 1st July. But, probably part of the wild variance that happens when they're about to go live with the cabinet (hope so).

I think as WWWombat has said in an earlier post, anything that isn't ready two weeks before the RFS date gets pushed to the end of the following quarter - Openreach only seem to work to four points in a year; March, June, Sept or Dec.

I think it should mean that everything will go live between now and the end of Sept, but we won't know if that's been acheived until either go live or the middle of Sept!!

Edited by Justo (Tue 14-Jun-11 17:08:39)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ichilton
(newbie) Wed 15-Jun-11 23:26:55
Print Post

[re: ichilton] [link to this post]

Hi All,

All of the checkers seem to say there are no plans to provide FTTC for my number or postcode in the next 6 months and a BT Partner for Infinity told me their database shows no plans for support in our area.

However, 2 of the cabinets round the corner from my street (including the one I believe i'm connected to) have started getting building work next to them and it's clear it's for a FTTC cabinet - you can see the base with the cable ducts where it's going to sit.

How long does it usually take from that building work starting / base getting laid to the live cabinet and ability to place orders?

I assume they'll have to sort the cabinet, power, fibre and equipment out first - is that usually a lengthy process?

Is it normal for the checkers to say no plans when the cabinet is clearly on it's way (and according to samknows.com, the exchange has been upgraded).

Thanks,

Ian
Standard User WWWombat
(member) Thu 16-Jun-11 02:44:16
Print Post

The usual seems to be around 3 months all-in, but the power seems to be the most unpredictable aspect. Problems can add months onto individual cabinets, yet some cabinets have been dorted within a month.

What date does Openreach say about your exchange? That is probably more accurate than Samknows.
Standard User DougM
(member) Thu 16-Jun-11 08:16:53
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

My read is that BT communicates zero about infill, doesn't even update the availability checker with a prediction until a new cabinet is live.

Back in January, BT told Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council that they would return in the summer to add 20 more cabinets. This information never appeared in any of their rollout plans and no connected lines had availability data tagged to them. BT themselves would respond to individual queries with the generic "no plans for the next six months" answer. My cabinet was done less than two weeks ago, yet no connected lines have any availability data.

I think the problem stems from the exchange-centric approach. BT says Basingstoke is done, any infill will only be listed in the availability checker once the cabinets are active and ready for orders.

-==-
DougM
Standard User sadvampire
(learned) Wed 10-Aug-11 18:10:41
Print Post

[re: Justo] [link to this post]

As an update, the status changed at midnight 5-7-11 & I was able to order Infinity a.m 6-7-11 (yes, as a sad vampire I ordered at 1am in the morning).

Infinity was installed 13-7-11, it's been pretty stable for the last 4 weeks, zero problems unlike with the ADSL that used to go down every week.

Download speed was 1.7mb, it's now 35.6mb
Upload speed was 0.3mb, it's now 8.1mb

Nice to no longer be in a slow spot

Postcode area GU4 8__
Guildford exchange
village of Chilworth

I just want a nice warm Blood Bath
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 13-Dec-11 15:01:18
Print Post

Cabinets and fibre optics in place for the last 9 months in my area of Rugby yet dates for availability still kept gettin put back. They have now stopped putting dates on the line checker. Rang BT who said infinity would be available in December and tried to sign me up on a deal for their old service together with a free transfer to infinity when it became available. Needles to say I didnt take them up on the offer and now found out that Infinity date has been put back yet again! They really do need to get their act together. For a communications company their communication with potential new broadband customers is cr*p.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to