General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sat 18-Jun-11 19:15:08
Print Post

Re: OR Modem Replaced Speed Drop DLM

[re: andyboygsi] [link to this post]

If the sync rate has lowered due to the faulty modems influence on the circuit, then yes, you ring FTTC assurance, and they reset the sync there and then. If you leave the lowered sync, most notably on the upstream, it'll fail it's Eclipse test.

Maybe they have different guidelines in your area ??

Standard User neagle
(newbie) Sat 25-Jun-11 08:24:34
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Ok I've given up trying to talk to support as they seem to just believe its not a problem.
Emailed the Executive Level Complaints again... Hopefully this will resolve this as it has done in the past.
Standard User paul1360
(member) Sat 25-Jun-11 11:51:22
Print Post

[re: neagle] [link to this post]

I've the same problem as you OP and according to CS they can't reset anybody's IP Profile. So tried to find out how I could get it changed but before I could do that my new modem went again. Eng out on Monday.

iechyd da

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 25-Jun-11 12:05:46
Print Post

[re: paul1360] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by paul1360:
I've the same problem as you OP and according to CS they can't reset anybody's IP Profile. So tried to find out how I could get it changed but before I could do that my new modem went again. Eng out on Monday.

iechyd da
I think it's worth pointing out that on FTTC the IP Profile is set by the Openreach DLM, not the ADSLx BT Wholesale one.

It's quite possible that CS have no simple way to affect that other than (on all except TalkTalk) reporting a problem to BT Wholesale, and I would guess few there know much about it.

As IP Profile is set by the sync, not the other way round, and the OR DLM seems to update it effectively immediately, it's unlikely that resetting IP Profile is a need. It's the sync that needs addressing.

Zarjaz's reply to andyboygsi seems to cover it - the engineer replacing the modem needs to check the sync and sort that out if necessary, though how you get it sorted if he doesn't is another question.

We can only know what the sync is if we are one of the intrepid users who have swapped out the OR modem, precisely for diagnosis of this sort of problem.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User neagle
(newbie) Sun 26-Jun-11 14:42:43
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Finally, all it took was an email to HLC and now my ping has finally dropped and my speed is starting to go up again finally!!!!!

Seems kind of pointless having Phone support their if they have no clue what to do.

Edited by neagle (Sun 26-Jun-11 14:43:23)

Standard User paul1360
(member) Mon 27-Jun-11 08:39:07
Print Post

RobertoS,
Yes I understand what your saying and I've read the other post's, When my modem was replaced OR Eng did test's etc and set my profile back to normal 38717 & 10000 and all was ok till later in the day when it dropped down and kept going down & down, now it sit's at 12500 & 2400, CS says these speed are good and within the range for my line, so I said is that so!!!! Well I'm on FTTC OP 2 and min is 15000 & 6000 ( I think) again told no that's incorrect, It is what it is and thats it lol.
Any way got OR Eng coming out 2day, but what I'm trying to say is that if we were able to have someone adjust our profile by phone it would make a lot more sense and not keep an Eng for doing more important work.
Let you know how I get on.

iechyd da

Standard User Croftie
(learned) Mon 27-Jun-11 14:58:25
Print Post

I'm in the same situation and getting knowhere with support. I'm glad you finaly got it sorted. Can you PM me the email address you used please, what did you say to get them to reset it?

My sync dropped after planned engineering works took down the connection. That was 17 days ago and speed/latency still not improved.

Edited by Croftie (Mon 27-Jun-11 14:59:59)

Standard User neagle
(newbie) Mon 27-Jun-11 16:03:54
Print Post

[re: Croftie] [link to this post]

Well apparently they haven't done anything, so I guess the DLM has started to see the line as stable and upped the speed and lowered the latency.
Only reason i know this is as i got a friendly chap call me up seeing what he could do and just explained it that he could do anything lol...

I did manage to get him to raised it with BTw anyway as we both agreed there was no harm in asking... so either way my connection is now on the mends or it will be reset by BTw in due course.

Just do a search for the CEO's email Ian Livingston, he will forward your request onto one of his ELC or HLC people.

Nick

Edited by neagle (Mon 27-Jun-11 16:08:07)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 27-Jun-11 16:22:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by neagle:
so either way my connection is now on the mends or it will be reset by BTw in due course.
What control have BT Wholesale got over your line settings? Do Openreach provide a facility for CPs to affect them? It would be great if they do, just I haven't seen any mechanism mentioned.

As I said earlier in the thread, this is not the BT Wholesale DLM. They have no direct control.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User neagle
(newbie) Mon 27-Jun-11 16:23:41
Print Post

I think I meant BT Open Reach. or are OpenReach the same as BTw?
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to