General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Fri 01-Jul-11 20:25:16
Print Post

Re: OR Modem Replaced Speed Drop DLM

[re: Croftie] [link to this post]

So there is a number for reseting profiles that only openreach can use. Does that mean then that to get the profile reset the only way is to get an engineer visit, or can support get OR to reset it remotely aswell?

OK, maybe I need to clarify this...
You get sent on an FTTC fault. When testing on site you find that sync rates are lower than expected. You ring the number, and they do a reset, the sync comes back up to previous levels, and as someone else mentioned, the IP profiles come back up much quicker than those on BTw.

Standard User neagle
(newbie) Sat 09-Jul-11 13:09:04
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Finally! laugh

Well 3~ weeks and loads of calls to level 2 and ELC and about 6 resets of some sort. Finally have my 38~Down and 8~Up connection back.

The OR kept cancelling the Engineer, but finally was pushed through and came out today.
He was Syncing at 26~ at the socket and 27 at the Cabinet.
Resets were not working.So the Engineer requested a Lift and Shift. Took about 2HR's Finally came back and everything was as it was when I first got it installed! laughD

Kudos to the Engineer for getting it all fixed!
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 10-Jul-11 00:59:25
Print Post

[re: neagle] [link to this post]

Sorry to hear you have had a rocky time with previous engineers. There are a lot of 'new boys' on the park, and one wonders if they couldn't do with a tad more 'coaching'.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User neagle
(newbie) Sun 10-Jul-11 10:32:29
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

I only ever had 2 engineers tongue
One that did the modem swap and then this one that actually found a fault and rectified it laugh

HAPPY! tongue
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to