General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 24-Jun-11 22:38:24
Print Post

Re: Cabinet Capacity *DELETED*

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Post deleted by RobertoS
Standard User mysticeddy
(learned) Fri 24-Jun-11 22:47:09
Print Post

Re: Cabinet Capacity

[re: rhino7] [link to this post]

When I went to York recently, all they were installing were these smaller cabinets, but then again it looked as if the capacity of the PCPs wasn't very high, with them being roughly 500-700m apart, each with their own fibre cab so provision there should be quite good for excess capacity.
Standard User Ribble
(member) Fri 24-Jun-11 22:58:18
Print Post

It dosnt guarantee that all the cabinet and fibre work is complete, nor does it suggest the exchange/headend is ready.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Fri 24-Jun-11 23:01:05
Print Post

Tidy! Hopefully they'll help with planning permission. Would go nicely next to the half-sized PCP I connect to if CCC allow and BT can be bothered. Problem is with 405 flats that is not nearly enough capacity for the future as most people have broadband now.

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2
Standard User ichilton
(learned) Sat 25-Jun-11 00:00:18
Print Post

Looks like all the cabinets on my exchange (LCAOR) are going to be this type of cabinet. I've seen 8 or 9 locations in the last week that have had this cabinet installed.

Our estate has had at least 3 cabinets installed this week and they are all the same as the one pictured in your original photo.

As an aside ... my particular cabinet now has power as it emits a slight hum and is warm to the touch on one side.

How long was it after the cabinet was installed that the power seemed to get power? - ours was installed Monday by contractors working for Openreach - I was wondering when Openreach themselves would come and start installing stuff in it.

Thanks,

Ian

Standard User rhino7
(newbie) Sat 25-Jun-11 07:14:28
Print Post

[re: ichilton] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ichilton:
How long was it after the cabinet was installed that the power seemed to get power? - ours was installed Monday by contractors working for Openreach - I was wondering when Openreach themselves would come and start installing stuff in it.

After a couple of day's preparation the cabinet appeared on a Friday. A few days went by with no apparent work done (a hole remaining). They came back and filled in the hole and powered it up on the following Thursday. So it was just under a week but included several days with no activity (although they were installing a number of other cabs during that time).
Standard User rhino7
(newbie) Sat 25-Jun-11 08:58:34
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ribble:
It dosnt guarantee that all the cabinet and fibre work is complete, nor does it suggest the exchange/headend is ready.

Thanks for that, guess I'll just have to keep my eye on the various checkers!

Is there any way of finding out whether the exchange itself is ready? I've seen the various Openreach documents but the ones that it is possible to get access to don't seem to get updated very often.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Jun-11 11:14:30
Print Post

Roughly how big are those things?
Standard User paul1360
(member) Sat 25-Jun-11 11:54:12
Print Post

Our Cabinet has 200 slots for Fibre and is smaller that the other one's

iechyd da

Standard User rhino7
(newbie) Sat 25-Jun-11 11:58:44
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
Roughly how big are those things?

750x400x1228mm according to the planning applications that have had to go in for one or two. That seems about right.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to