General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 27-Sep-11 16:49:25
Print Post

Re: Saddleworth FTTx Spotting

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

Different cab manufacturers.
Standard User Antoeknee
(newbie) Sun 02-Oct-11 22:12:14
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I live in Saddleworth, Diggle to be exact and I understand that the date for Diggle has been put back due to issue with cab size and narrow pavement at location.

Did walk past the cab today and the pavement isn't wide and a bigger cab could well be an issue.
Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Oct-11 08:44:12
Print Post

[re: Antoeknee] [link to this post]

If you're talking about cab 11 then I'm afraid to say that Openreach have not been able to find a suitable location (within 100m from existing cab) so they have actually removed this cabinet from the roll out plan at the moment. It's a shame, but the circumstances are unusual in the fact the pavement is really narrow and the other side of the road has no pavement at all - so there just isn't anywhere to site it. They have said they will continue to look for a place for it but not yet.

However, there is another cabinet in diggle (cab 19 - outside Ellis Mill past the post office) that does have planning permission so that will go in soon. Unfortunately you are on cab 11 frown

James

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 03-Oct-11 21:55:19
Print Post

Take a look on Denshaw Road.
Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 04-Oct-11 08:43:58
Print Post

Thanks for the heads up. That was quick, it wasn't there on Friday afternoon! Now o hope they blow the fibre to it and connect the overhead power sooner rather than later.

James
ADSL24 Broadband
Standard User Antoeknee
(newbie) Tue 04-Oct-11 09:56:52
Print Post

Bad news indeed. Was looking forward to improved speed. Fortunately usually get 6-7meg so not too bad.

Just have to hope that BT find a resolution in the near future.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 09-Oct-11 14:22:54
Print Post

[re: Antoeknee] [link to this post]

Hi all,

Interesting discussion! Do we know how things are progressing for Dobcross?

Darryl
Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 09-Oct-11 15:00:33
Print Post

Unfortunately most of Dobcross is fed direct from the exchange as this is located on Dobcross New Rd, so not far away. This means that Fibre from the cabinet is not available as these properties are not fed from a cabinet. Also cabinet 8, which is at the bottom of Wall Hill Road, is not planned to be enabled for FTTC, again most likely reason being people fed from this cabinet are relatively close the exchange anyway. ADSL2+ is planned in Jan 2012 as an alternative to FTTC for those who can't get it.

Some higher parts of Dobcross are however fed from a cabinet in Diggle/Delph. PM me your postcode if you need me to check your availability.

James
ADSL24 Broadband
Standard User randalf
(newbie) Mon 10-Oct-11 15:10:26
Print Post

Thanks for the update James - have sent you a PM.

Darryl

In reply to a post by Adsl24:
Some higher parts of Dobcross are however fed from a cabinet in Diggle/Delph. PM me your postcode if you need me to check your availability.
Standard User nickcal
(newbie) Wed 12-Oct-11 19:12:10
Print Post

there was an openreach van parked up on denshaw road working on cab 10...no idea what they where doing but must be progress. was chucking it down with rain at the time!

i pass cab 10 a few times a week so will keep my eye out for any updates!
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to