General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Adsl24
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-12 22:05:37
Print Post

Re: Saddleworth FTTx Spotting

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

Cab 1 in Delph went live last week FYI smile

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk
ISP Representative ickleben
(isp) Tue 28-Feb-12 10:28:47
Print Post

Have you got any inside info on Cab 17 at the other end of Delph? It did have a live date of the 20th, just live Cab 1, but it has since been moved back to the 31st Mar.

And just for all the Cab 10 spotters, there was an Openreach van parked up next to it this morning, although the engineer looked like he was working on the smaller, older, non FTTC cabinet.

Ben

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Adsl24
(knowledge is power) Tue 28-Feb-12 20:34:24
Print Post

[re: ickleben] [link to this post]

Cab 10 went live around 14 days ago smile

Cab 17 is currently awaiting the power installation as the original install did not work so they had to look in to the matter, should be resolved soon and then be live within 2 weeks if they stick to the plan.

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative ickleben
(isp) Wed 29-Feb-12 13:08:03
Print Post

There was me hoping I wasn't connected to Cab 10 because it was a bit further away. Oh well, will just have to try and be patient.

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 29-Jun-12 10:55:22
Print Post

[re: ickleben] [link to this post]

Hello

I live on Mossley Road, Grasscroft and I am tearing my hair out at the continued delays in getting fibre optic. It's now back to Sept 2012, 15 months after we were told we'd get it. Does anyone have any idea why and f we will ever get fibre optic? I'm starting my business in the next 12 months and fibre optic will really be important to me. Thanks.
Standard User Antoeknee
(newbie) Mon 16-Jul-12 22:42:12
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Same for me keeps getting put back, suppose to be due to pavement issue.

Anyway last wwek got email from BT which started:

On 16-Jul-12, we’ll be upgrading your local phone exchange. That means you’ll get a stronger, more reliable broadband connection. (It might make it a bit faster, too).

My connection use to be consistent 7meg. Very surprised to find connection now 12meg. Will be very happy if it stays at that until (or ever) Infinity gets gere.
ISP Representative Adsl24
(isp) Tue 17-Jul-12 12:50:31
Print Post

[re: Antoeknee] [link to this post]

Yes, thats to do with 21CN, not FTTC. Saddleworth now has 21CN years after every other exchange in the North West smile

James
Technical Director, ADSL24

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!
Visit our website for the latest offers.
Standard User Antoeknee
(newbie) Sat 21-Jul-12 21:01:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by Adsl24:
Yes, thats to do with 21CN, not FTTC. Saddleworth now has 21CN years after every other exchange in the North West smile

Realised that was case as 21CN was always being pushed back as well, after few days speed has now crept up to 13.5meg. FFTC now back to Sept though that is just for show as nothing has changed re space for the cabinet and dont expect FFTC any time soon.
ISP Representative Adsl24
(isp) Tue 24-Jul-12 20:43:33
Print Post

[re: Antoeknee] [link to this post]

Strangely enough, the latest data from Openreach (July 2012) indicates that cabinet 11 appears to be potentially back on the plan. I don't know any more at present but its showing a 'YES' rather than a No in the "Planned" column

James

James
Technical Director, ADSL24

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!
Visit our website for the latest offers.
Standard User Antoeknee
(newbie) Sat 28-Jul-12 18:21:47
Print Post

In reply to a post by Adsl24:
Strangely enough, the latest data from Openreach (July 2012) indicates that cabinet 11 appears to be potentially back on the plan. I don't know any more at present but its showing a 'YES' rather than a No in the "Planned" column

James

Well thats interesting. From what I recall there is a possibilty of resiteing cabs to a certain distance. Now there is a place within 10-15 meters thats ideal though as to wether its a part of the public highway is not clear.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to