General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 30-Jul-11 19:25:34
Print Post

Re: When will BT announce next phase fibre roll out?

[re: mr_mojo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mr_mojo:
I think with the DOCSIS3.0 overlay they have capacity problems are significantly reduced (for now...). I notice very little slowdown on my VM 50meg connection at home.

for download speed I agree, however capacity issues sitll very evident on latency/jitter. Upload speeds reported are clearly shaky as well on the higher tier VM products.

VM need to get 36mbit upstream channels and upstream channel bonding sorted and only then I reckon they can realisticaly compete with FTTC upstream speed. Until then VM will have to limit high upload speeds to their most premium products only.
Standard User adebov
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 12-Sep-11 20:11:13
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Andrue:
"Are we there yet?"

Looks like you're due in March 2012 (according to the latest BT schedules).
Just one thing.....It seems Brackley exchange isn't actually being upgraded and you'll all be served by the Banbury exchange (a fair way to run the fibres, but I guess BT have worked out it's cheaper than sticking extra equipment into your exchange).
Just don't go pinching all our back-haul wink

At least this way, if you keep an eye on the A422 (for Openreach trucks) your roll-out can't be too far away!

Ade

vDSL2 FTTC Infinity with BT
DL Sync 40Mbps
UL Sync 10Mbps
Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Mon 12-Sep-11 20:27:53
Print Post

[re: adebov] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adebov:
In reply to a post by Andrue:
"Are we there yet?"

Looks like you're due in March 2012 (according to the latest BT schedules).
Just one thing.....It seems Brackley exchange isn't actually being upgraded and you'll all be served by the Banbury exchange (a fair way to run the fibres, but I guess BT have worked out it's cheaper than sticking extra equipment into your exchange).
Just don't go pinching all our back-haul wink

At least this way, if you keep an eye on the A422 (for Openreach trucks) your roll-out can't be too far away!
Lol - my garden almost backs onto that road. My cab will also be the closest to Banbury since it's at the second roundabout. Maybe it will be enabled first laugh

Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Just because he can smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to