General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 20-Aug-11 12:13:54
Print Post

Re: Well now I've gone and done it! - Aborted!!!!!!!

[re: kamelion] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kamelion:
In reply to a post by adebov:
I can cancel both SkyTalk (line rental and calls) and BE internet at pretty much anytime (both are out of initial contracts - 12 months for Sky and 3 months for BE) so are each on a one month notice period.

The 3 month contract is a rolling one it never drops to 1 month notice, I think you are confusing it with the old 12 month bevalue ones.
I thought that too, so I checked the FAQs.

As Ade says, that is not longer the case. It certainly used to be so though.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User adebov
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 20-Aug-11 12:15:01
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
As Ade says, that is not longer the case. It certainly used to be so though.

Wouldn't it be quicker if people just accepted what I say grin

Certainly it proves BE is one of the rare companies which trusts you will stay purely based on the quality of their service, rather than forcing you to stay by locking you into an 18 month contract wink

Ade

ADSL2+ with BE
DL Sync around 4.8Mbps
UL Sync 1088kbps

DG834GT with DGTeam firmware

Edited by adebov (Sat 20-Aug-11 12:17:02)

Standard User kamelion
(experienced) Sat 20-Aug-11 12:38:49
Print Post

[re: adebov] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adebov:
The 3 month contract is a rolling one it never drops to 1 month notice, I think you are confusing it with the old 12 month bevalue ones.

BE appear to disagree with you.
From the e-mail they sent
If you want to cancel the service there are two types of cancellation. 1. Express cancellation- will terminate the service in 10 days and it has a 40.85 pounds express cancellation fee. 2. Standard cancellation- requires 1 month notice and your service will be terminated after that month.

From the 'my account' section of the BE website
01295xxxxxx

0 month contract

£18.26 /month

Not only that; I cancelled our work connection last August with BE indicating a one month notice period.

Sweet , I stand corrected then. Strange how They never emailed me with the change in T&C frown

Not that I would leave, I have had a happy 5 years with BE have a 21 Mbps connection and am on the old pricing so I can afford to wait until They get their butts moving with FTTC.

BeUnlimited
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 2,273 / 21,442

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adebov
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 20-Aug-11 12:46:07
Print Post

Sweet , I stand corrected then. Strange how They never emailed me with the change in T&C frown

Nor me. I only found out when I rang to cancel our office connection last year (triggered by a sudden office move, just down the road to share offices with another company in our group), thinking we'd have to give three months notice, only to be told "you've been with us long enough, so we won't impose the three month notice period, you can cancel at the end of the current month" (which was nice; to use a Patrick Nice-ism).

Not that I would leave, I have had a happy 5 years with BE have a 21 Mbps connection and am on the old pricing so I can afford to wait until They get their butts moving with FTTC.

I'm only leaving because I'm so far from the exchange I have a maximum sync of 5Mbps, and I'll easily get the full 40Mbps from FTTC products (an eight-fold increase for an extra £10 a month - a no brainer really).
I just wish BE would stop dithering (about providing an FTTC based product) and just get on with it!

Ade

ADSL2+ with BE
DL Sync around 4.8Mbps
UL Sync 1088kbps

Standard User kamelion
(experienced) Sat 20-Aug-11 12:47:07
Print Post

YOUR PACKAGE
0161xxxxxx
0 month contract
£22.44 /month
You'll get a download speed of around 16.0 meg on your line. Existing BE members with lines like yours get between 12.0 meg and 19.0 meg.

Only just noticed that. Another reason why BE are the best!

BeUnlimited
Standard User adebov
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 20-Aug-11 12:51:21
Print Post

Another reason why BE are the best!

Yup.
At £22.44/month, are you on a legacy BE Pro product (currently new customers have to pay £27/month), or did you just join BE too late to get on the £18.26/month for the legacy BE Unlimited products (like the one I'm shortly due to cancel)?

Ade

ADSL2+ with BE
DL Sync around 4.8Mbps
UL Sync 1088kbps

ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Sat 20-Aug-11 13:14:36
Print Post

Re: Well now I"ve gone and done it! - Aborted!!!!!!!

Hi Adebov,

I am sorry to hear that your order was messed up. I would like to take a look at this for you, to see what is going on. Please could you send me in your details using http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950

Thanks

Paddy,
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User adebov
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 20-Aug-11 14:12:22
Print Post

Re: Well now I"ve gone and done it! - Aborted!!!!!!!

[re: BT_Care] [link to this post]

Thanks Paddy. It's a shame you didn't notice this post on Thursday.
Details sent (ref: 110820-003097).

Ade

ADSL2+ with BE
DL Sync around 4.8Mbps
UL Sync 1088kbps

Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 20-Aug-11 17:18:52
Print Post

You know; I thought that, too
I guess I just don't get the fan-boy mentality. I have an XBOX360, yet I also have two PS3s. I have a desktop PC and a laptop, yet I have an i-phone. I'm currently with BE, yet I'm moving to BT.
I just don't get why some people react as if you've insulted them, just because you post some negative comments about a product or service they chose.

roflol is there a hint of sarcascim in that their statement laugh

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Standard User kamelion
(experienced) Sat 20-Aug-11 20:00:55
Print Post

Legacy pro I've been with BE 5 years now and switched to pro when they dropped it from £40 a month. It's outstanding value for money really and although I have many options open to me (100 meg virgin cable, FTTC from BT etc) I can't justify losing what I have just to get double speeds when I won't use it.

BeUnlimited

Edited by kamelion (Sat 20-Aug-11 20:03:04)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to