General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User vivaciti
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 19-Aug-11 20:29:03
Print Post

Re: FTTC to FTTC Migrations

[re: panda] [link to this post]

I am afraid complaining to ofcom will do no good, they can make a charge for the service the same as there is already a charge to migrate a service from adsl to adsl the Open reach charge is £11.00 they have just set a different charge for FTTC to FTTC

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 19-Aug-11 22:55:36
Print Post

Re: FTTC to FTTC Migrations

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by vivaciti:
I am afraid complaining to ofcom will do no good, they can make a charge for the service the same as there is already a charge to migrate a service from adsl to adsl the Open reach charge is £11.00 they have just set a different charge for FTTC to FTTC
That could be construed as monopoly provider profiteering, as all that is required is the same change of routing within the BT Wholesale system as with ADSLx. As has been pointed out.

The title of the charge - GEA to GEA migration, is therefore also misleading, hence my apparent misunderstanding of it. It should simply be Migration within GEA. It would need a very expensive QC to argue that case though.

Not good. Rip-off even frown.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to