General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User griff_90
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 18-Sep-11 16:48:15
Print Post

Re: How do my stats look?

[re: adebov] [link to this post]

You should see my error count now!!

Uptime - 60 Hours
CRC Errors - 2,122,415
FEC Errors - 24,472
HEC Errors - 737,973

The copper run down to the cabinet is only 300 metres at most and I saw the original Attenuation level on the JDSU and it was definitely 10dB so I think it's clear there's an issue somewhere but getting someone to do anything about it is another matter entirely.
Standard User adebov
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 18-Sep-11 17:32:01
Print Post

[re: griff_90] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by griff_90:
You should see my error count now!!

Uptime - 60 Hours
CRC Errors - 2,122,415
FEC Errors - 24,472
HEC Errors - 737,973

The copper run down to the cabinet is only 300 metres at most and I saw the original Attenuation level on the JDSU and it was definitely 10dB so I think it's clear there's an issue somewhere but getting someone to do anything about it is another matter entirely.

Pretty much the same distance as my cabinet (don't know the actual line length as the installing engineer either didn't want to provide it, or didn't know how to measure it). At best, maybe 220 metres, at worst probably 320 metres (the attainable rates show our lines to be pretty much identical lengths).

My error count (after a 54 hour uptime) is now
CRC errors 0
FEC errors 2854
HEC errors 6460

So I'd tend to think you do have an issue.
Like you say, it's another matter getting someone to deal with it.

Ade

vDSL2 FTTC Infinity with BT
DL Sync 40Mbps
UL Sync 10Mbps
Standard User lockyatlrg
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 18-Sep-11 19:40:59
Print Post

[re: jmgraham] [link to this post]

looking at your attenuation your line length is much more than 300 meters, having said that I'm shocked at your attainable rate, Downstream SNR margin. etc

BT Infinity
ROUTER:-Netgear WNDR37AV
Sync 40000D 10000U

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jmgraham
(newbie) Sun 18-Sep-11 20:11:21
Print Post

[re: lockyatlrg] [link to this post]

No idea why, are any cabinets upgraded to profile 17a yet, my cabinet has only been enabled for around a month.
Standard User lockyatlrg
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 18-Sep-11 20:23:31
Print Post

I don't think it's anything to do with 17a profile, maybe an your on a empty cab, mine did say 52mbs attainable rate, but it's dropped and my cab is filling up rather quickly (lots of HH3 routers in the area). so it may just be down to crosstalk.

BT Infinity
ROUTER:-Netgear WNDR37AV
Sync 40000D 10000U
Standard User jmgraham
(newbie) Sun 18-Sep-11 20:28:52
Print Post

[re: lockyatlrg] [link to this post]

Sounds about right, dont think there will be that many lines connected to my cabinet yet, never picked up many HH3 in my area.
Standard User Little_bird
(newbie) Tue 20-Sep-11 23:13:29
Print Post

Hi All,

I have managed to unlock my modem & my stats are as follows:-

# xdslcmd info --pbParams
xdslcmd: ADSL driver and PHY status
Retrain Reason: 0
Max: Upstream rate = 6101 Kbps, Downstream rate = 22156 Kbps
Path: 0, Upstream rate = 1997 Kbps, Downstream rate = 23449 Kbps

Discovery Phase (Initial) Band Plan
US: (0,95) (696,1183)
DS: (32,687) (1192,1627)
Medley Phase (Final) Band Plan
US: (0,95) (696,1183)
DS: (32,687) (1192,1627)
VDSL Port Details Upstream Downstream
Attainable Net Data Rate: 6101 kbps 22156 kbps
Actual Aggregate Tx Power: 1.3 dBm 9.8 dBm
============================================================================
VDSL Band Status U0 U1 U2 U3 D1 D2 D3
Line Attenuation(dB): 8.4 52.3 N/A N/A 21.4 65.3 N/A
Signal Attenuation(dB): 14.1 51.0 N/A N/A 21.4 65.3 N/A
SNR Margin(dB): 14.1 14.1 N/A N/A 4.4 4.4 N/A
TX Power(dBm): -9.2 0.9 N/A N/A 9.2 -1.5 N/A

I was obtaining much faster speeds at one time & I hope my stats can direct me toward where the problem is.

My line is apparently 800m to 1000m from the cabinet.

Pauline.
Standard User burakkucat
(member) Wed 21-Sep-11 04:49:22
Print Post

[re: Little_bird] [link to this post]

Hello Little_bird. Are you the same Pauline who was previously posting in this thread as an anonymous user?

I've taken a look at your line statistics and they do not look too good. Sorry. frown

Although I don't have a FTTC VDSL connection, I do have a Huawei HG612 modem/router. (It's always worthwhile checking eBay -- I saw one sell for £66-00 recently!) Why have I got a HG612? For experimentation and to assist asbokid in his thorough analysis of the device. Between us, we now have a robust Linux based script to convert the raw data into some meaningful graphs. If you are interested, please send me a PM and I will let you know my e-mail address.

If you are unable to run a Linux bash-script, just capture the output of the following three xdslcmd commands and send it to me. I will then convert that data into the graphs and return them to you.

As you have previously done, telnet into the HG612, obtain a shell and capture the output of --
xdslcmd info --Bits
xdslcmd info --linediag
xdslcmd info --pbParams
As an example, you can see the graphs that I have created with the data obtained from my neighbour's VDSL line.

-----------------------------------------------------

100% Linux and, previously, Unix.
Standard User Little_bird
(newbie) Wed 21-Sep-11 06:26:02
Print Post

[re: burakkucat] [link to this post]

Hi burakkucat,

I am indeed the same Pauline.

I am a Windows 7 user, but pehaps if you were able to let me have a copy of the Linux based script, I might be able to eventually convert it for use by normal Windows users.

I have very recently installed installed Cygwin so that I can run some Linux scripts, so with some minor tweaking I could probably run your script through that on my Windows 7 PC & run the graphs myself.

I have had all sorts of problems with my line & now having access to my stats & graphs might help in finding out where the problems lie in order to try to get my previous 30+Mb download speeds back again..

Reading various forums it appears that I am not alone with these problems of a good connection ending up with ADSL2+ type speeds.

I have been reading a very long thread in the Kitz forum started by a guy named Bald_Eagle1 who seems to have an identical problem:-
http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,9726.0.html

You now have my email address & thanks for your kind offer.
Also a big thanks to asbokid for making this at all possible.

It's a pity I couldn't look at my stats when my connection was working well to compare against its current poor performance.

Pauline

Edited by Little_bird (Wed 21-Sep-11 06:39:33)

Standard User Croftie
(regular) Wed 21-Sep-11 12:18:03
Print Post

[re: Little_bird] [link to this post]

Hi,

I've also managed to unlock the modem, thanks asbokid, and would appreciate someone taking a look at the logs.

On install the JDSU said attainable rates were 46/15. I had full sync and profile for 8 months untill one night we had downtime due to network upgrades in the area. After this work we had download throughput 5Mbps lower and increased latency.

The stats are reporting max attainable rate to be 40/15 and there are some crc errors on the downnstream.

I have zipped 4 putty log files, the 3rd one looks a lot different than the others but I don't know what it means.
http://www.filesonic.com/file/2091112684

Line is Ali 300M with about 90 FTTC lines active and an extra card has just been installed.

I'm using windows xp but could install linux in a VM if you'd like to share the graph script. It would be handy to be able to create them everytime I check the stats.

Darren
Pages in this thread: << 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to