General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | [32] | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Croftie
(member) Wed 02-Nov-11 17:36:04
Print Post

Re: vDMT

[re: burakkucat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by burakkucat:
You are correct that there is another pair (Tx / Rx) of power levels to be considered.

Thanks.

In reply to a post by burakkucat:
However this is not through the E-side cable but is through the fibre optic feed

I know that's why I said "fibre E-Side" wink Fair enough though it's not refered to as E-side because it's fibre. Everything else is already clear but i appreciate the effort to elaborate all the same.
Standard User lockyatlrg
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 02-Nov-11 19:50:50
Print Post

Re: vDMT

[re: burakkucat] [link to this post]

I:m on Swadlincote exchange and my fibre does not go to my local exchange, there is 2 main splines that go to Nottingham and Leicester exchange.

BT Infinity
ROUTER:-Netgear WNDR37AV
JDSU Stats
Sync 39999D 9995U
Attenuation: 9.6 SNR: 11.4
Line Length 300meters
Standard User Daniel_g
(newbie) Thu 03-Nov-11 07:58:20
Print Post

Re: More FTTC line stats

[re: mr_bean] [link to this post]

Hello

Read this post last night and had a quick look at what I had to do to get to the good stuff on the modem. Thought ok easy enough after getting it out and off the wall in the cupboard.

Got the firmware and instructions off the link you have and now thismorning did it and all worked after working out how to get telnet in windows 7, had to be activated and then works at CMD box on run. Did the network card as the address given after much messing around. flashed the bos and good stuff on its web pages but can not do the telnet thing. copy what is on the PDF instructions and everything is not working and not a command or something!. Does not work anyway.
Like going back to 1989 at college with dos stuff, one mistake and no working. Glad windows for idiots came along.

anyone know what to type into the start of a telnet box to do what instructions suggest. Would be nice to do the lot and somewhere see the profile. was that here or somewhere else, might be mixing up postings.

Can do the white modem web page thing that is nice but the telnet thing to play with and these graphs even better.

Not that high up on computers so no hard instructions please.

Thank you.

Was not happy with the falling speed and got a new 2B modem in the week, after reset did go up 9Mb to 30 on speedtests. modem suggests max of 36 that it did do in may so now not happy!.

Up of 15 and only on 2Mb anyway as cheap option on BT.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User cmn
(member) Thu 03-Nov-11 12:58:52
Print Post

[re: Daniel_g] [link to this post]

Disable the firewall under Advanced -> Firewall.

Edited by cmn (Thu 03-Nov-11 12:59:13)

Standard User orly
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 03-Nov-11 14:26:00
Print Post

If you have a particular version of the modem (SP06) then I don't believe Telnet works.

You need to use SSH via a program like Putty.

---
> Comparison chart of FTTC ISPs
> Got FTTC? Complete the survey

BT Infinity 8th July 2010
(NIBA)
600m (approx) to cabinet
29.5Mbit down / 5.5Mbit up
Standard User Daniel_g
(newbie) Thu 03-Nov-11 18:32:24
Print Post

[re: orly] [link to this post]

Hello

I think it is the new one a 2B as only got this week as moaning it was slower than it was, looks like the guys replace the rubbish (polite way of waying) modems anyway even if that is not the cause of the customer moaning. Mine could have been wrong as a new one and a reset pushed it back up to 30.

did the turn off the firewall thing and works. Did the things on the instructions at the start of this post. So all good. Nice but don't see the point of the telnet thing, says the same as the moden generated web pages as far as I can make out. nice to try so say I can do this, just having the web pages out the thing is ok for me as now can see and play with settings if I wish.
Standard User Daniel_g
(newbie) Thu 03-Nov-11 18:37:31
Print Post

[re: cmn] [link to this post]

Hello

Nice one, did that but could not get the comands right, like going back to dos days this telnet. Used the ?/hepl hints and could see I need open 192.168.1.1

Then all good and could do what was mentioned in the instructions.

For the interest tried with the firewall back at standard (as it was when I found) and still works so was me not typing the correct thing in.

Computer 1 me 0 frown idiot!.

To be honest did not really see the point of telnet, says the same as the modem web pages but can now do it so happy I did, but a bit pointless I thought as not really sure how to get to all the stuff, just follwing a few commands on the instructions.

Nice I can so good stuff!.
Standard User reddev86
(regular) Thu 03-Nov-11 23:02:13
Print Post

Interesting about the change over to the 17a profile.

I wonder if this is being done in stages, or if everyone has already been changed over.

I haven't got round to unlocking my modem yet so I can't check - too busy with work. My line profile hasn't changed in about 6 months, so i'm guessing im still on 8c, but can't check to be sure until i unlock the modem.

I sync right now at around 35meg, line profile is 33846k, anyone with similar stats see a speed increase when they changed to 17a?

Although im only 500-550m away from the cabinet, my line is aluminium so I am not expecting miracles when the upgrade happens.

FTTC via Plusnet
33mbit down 2mbit up
NILN exchange - 550m from cabinet
Netgear WNR1000
Standard User Daniel_g
(newbie) Fri 04-Nov-11 07:26:39
Print Post

[re: reddev86] [link to this post]

Hello

Not sure I have just had a old modem that was on it's way out I think so slowing down. Got the bloke in saturday and got a newer version and now faster than it was but not like may when first fitted and went at 36Mb on speed tests, now on 30 on a good day, better than 21 or so before saturday. Wait and see what I get when it changes. Nice to get into the modem so worth doing what the link says on the first thing on this post. Don't see the point of the telnet thing but the modem web pages are good. Read you plug the LAN2 output into the router hole 1 to 4 , a spare one and so can do the stuff on the web browser, was having to move comuter to modem until I did this. is 192.168.1.1, says on the instruction PDF file. Easy enough.
Standard User nelix01
(committed) Fri 04-Nov-11 10:18:18
Print Post

[re: reddev86] [link to this post]

The profile is being rolled out and should be completed by the end of this year. This will them allow Openreach / BT Wholesale and ISP to start testing and trials for full launch in early 2012.

Pages in this thread: << 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | [32] | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to