General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 21-Oct-11 09:00:55
Print Post

Re: Increased Upload Speed

[re: LeJimster] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by LeJimster:
Edit:- *snip*
Oh I see now, they've set it at 15Mb up as the default now. Probably in preparation for the next step which is 80Mb/20Mb on the high frequency profile. I wonder if the new products will be 40/15 and 80/20.

My guestimated upload speed has gone from around 8Mb to 11.5Mb up. Download speed remains unchanged.
Where do you see 15Mbps as a default? The 15Mbps was discontinued for new users a while ago, and I didn't see it on the OR product upgrade price list I saw a couple of weeks ago. (Which I can't find now frown).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Fri 21-Oct-11 11:53:59
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The BT Wholesale checker now gives this for me

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 31.6Mbps and upstream line speed of 12.6Mbps.

The previous output gave 31.6/7.5. However, I sync at 39999/9995. SNRM around 11/21.

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity
Far too many computers, 1 Wife, 3 Maine Coons and too many horses smile
Standard User James8282
(newbie) Fri 21-Oct-11 12:24:15
Print Post

[re: TheHorseman] [link to this post]

Mines changed as well,

Download speed as increased from 11.4 to 18.9 we get about 28,

The upload has changed for 3.2 - 3.8, dont know what it actualy is as its caped at 2 meg butI guess it could be much more than 3.8!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User epyon
(member) Fri 21-Oct-11 12:34:15
Print Post

Nice i can wait for FTTC cabs right outside my house ;D

BE*Unlimited 17699/1334Kbps
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User DLS
(newbie) Fri 21-Oct-11 15:50:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
28.9Mbps and upstream line speed of 11.5Mbps.

Download not changed so far as I remember, unless it was 27.9Mbps. I currently get 40Mbps.

It looks as though your DS hasn't changed - you mentioned 28.9/6.4 in a post back in August, and I noted that this was identical to the estimate for my line. My estimate also changed to 28.9/11.5 yesterday, so I presume the data used by the checker must be identical for our lines - I think they're both ~1600 feet, and perhaps also part of a similar sized bundle, if BT allow for crosstalk. I have fingers crossed for full sync when it's installed next Thursday (but even the estimate would still be much better than my current 3.5/0.45).

I have a line at another property for which the DS estimate has jumped from about 13 to 22.6; I can't remember the previous US but I don't think it's changed by much (5.2).
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 21-Oct-11 16:42:31
Print Post

[re: DLS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by DLS:
In reply to a post by RobertoS:
28.9Mbps and upstream line speed of 11.5Mbps.

Download not changed so far as I remember, unless it was 27.9Mbps. I currently get 40Mbps.

It looks as though your DS hasn't changed - you mentioned 28.9/6.4 in a post back in August
Thanks smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User Embraer
(member) Fri 21-Oct-11 21:36:22
Print Post

[re: lockyatlrg] [link to this post]

Still waiting for a cab upgrade but at least now I have the option of Infinity, BTW has changed from 14.4 predicted to 23.6. Not sure about the customer service issues inherent with BT or the throttling of torrents but it does offer another option other than my preferred ADSL24

If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more understanding bank managers!

3 Macs, 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, 1 Netgear 834GT with DGTeam firmware, 1 Apple Timecapsule extended by 2 AEs. Bye Bye AOHell, Hello O2, See Ya O2 once FTTC FINALLY arrives from my cab
Standard User orly
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 21-Oct-11 23:52:45
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Same here:

"Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 26.7Mbps and upstream line speed of 11Mbps."

---
> Comparison chart of FTTC ISPs
> Got FTTC? Complete the survey

BT Infinity 8th July 2010
(NIBA)
600m (approx) to cabinet
29.5Mbit down / 5.5Mbit up
Standard User Bald_Eagle1
(newbie) Sat 22-Oct-11 00:06:31
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Following on from this, it appears that the BT Broadband Availability Checker has been updated;

For Telephone Number 0208446???? on Exchange NORTH FINCHLEY

Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st December 2011. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 33.4Mbps and upstream line speed of 12.3Mbps.

If anyone is interested there is a bit more info here:-
FTTC 80/20 Updates
Standard User LeJimster
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 22-Oct-11 19:14:50
Print Post

I was just guessing since I haven't seen anyone estimated over 15Mb - looks like I'm wrong however as they look to be doing 80/20 40/10 and 40/2. Although there is nothing stopping them from doing 50/50 with the right profile if they wanted.

Jump to