General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User nalla
(regular) Mon 07-Nov-11 20:12:37
Print Post

Re: new modem offer from bt today

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

yeah my estimate from before i had fttc was 14 mb, my new estimate is 22, oh and as a result i have now been put on the up to 10 mb upload rather than the 2mbs that i used to be on

Edited by nalla (Mon 07-Nov-11 20:13:39)

Standard User burakkucat
(committed) Mon 07-Nov-11 20:37:28
Print Post

[re: nalla] [link to this post]

need to have either a 2b or 3b, and all customers that dont have these will be getting theirs changed out for a newer model,
So, purely for my interest, which do you now have? A 2B or a 3B?

-----------------------------------------------------

100% Linux and, previously, Unix.
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Nov-11 22:41:11
Print Post

[re: burakkucat] [link to this post]

I do not have a 'B', '2B' or '3B' OR modem. I am, however on my third one.

My max download went from 3.6MB/s to 4.70MB/s about a fortnight ago, and has stayed there. I heard it was due to BT doing something, but details have not only been scarce, very few people have noticed it. I have a download meter running 24/7 so noticed it immediately.

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 08-Nov-11 23:21:01
Print Post

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

I got a visit from BT last week. They came whilst I was out and son let the in. They changed my modem and replaced it with a 3B. The old one was fine and was running at 38m down 8m up. The new one runs at 38d 5up. My I profile is still set at 10m down.
Standard User burakkucat
(committed) Tue 08-Nov-11 23:28:04
Print Post

You'll be getting a visit, in due course. wink

Standard User NVB
(member) Tue 15-Nov-11 18:42:20
Print Post

I had the new modem installed today, visually identical, performance is also identical. Engineer said reliability will be better with this revision. One other thing he said is it must be used with the supplied power brick (i.e don't chop & change power bricks)
Standard User burakkucat
(committed) Tue 15-Nov-11 18:54:33
Print Post

[re: NVB] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by NVB:
I had the new modem installed today, visually identical, performance is also identical. Engineer said reliability will be better with this revision. One other thing he said is it must be used with the supplied power brick (i.e don't chop & change power bricks)
The supplied PSU should be white coloured and I would be very surprised if there isn't a big, bold, black 3B in the top right-hand corner of the main label on the back of the HG612.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 15-Nov-11 20:32:51
Print Post

I assume that it is BT moving you onto the 17a VDSL2 profile on your cabinet.

People who have drayteks have seen the profiles change from 8c to 17a with the corresponding jump in speed for the last few weeks.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Tue 15-Nov-11 21:48:57
Print Post

Plenty of the 2B's out there, with a black PSU, which are perfectly acceptable. The white PSU doesn't appear till the 3B.

Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Tue 15-Nov-11 21:50:03
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I do not have a Draytek router, and would not, but that is for another time.

Like most people, I use the OR modem to connect and the router has no influence on the speed at which it connects.

The only reason I have noticed the speed increase, is that since my Compuserve days, I have always had a download monitor running continuously as I can always see a graph of my downloading.

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to