General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User pehaw
(newbie) Sat 10-Dec-11 13:48:09
Print Post

Re: FTTC Benton - Advice Needed

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
You asked if he has access to recent BT-OR info. I referred you to this post smile.

I get you now.

I had read that post but didn't really appreciate who the poster was... I suppose they do have access to the latest info.

I think the post code checker just checks the exchange that serves it, whereas the phone number checker checks your actual line routing - ie the cabinet.

ah ok that makes (a bit of) sense. thanks for your replies.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 11-Dec-11 20:51:58
Print Post

[re: pehaw] [link to this post]

I don't think that cabinet is getting enabled. I work for BT and I'm also off the Benton exchange (different cabinet and luckily a fiber enabled one!).

One of the lads I work with is also served off that cab I believe and doesn't think he'll be getting it. I believe that there's another cabinet close by that may possibly serve people on the same postcode and that's why when you put the post code in the checker shows that FTTC is available.
Standard User pehaw
(newbie) Thu 15-Dec-11 10:17:35
Print Post

So I contacted someone at BT Openreach...

The reply was...

"Your cabinet is not currently in the plan to be enabled but it is a candidate for future infill, as things stand we have not yet agreed what our infill strategy therefore this cabinet is unlikely to be enabled before 2014/2015."

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WWWombat
(committed) Fri 16-Dec-11 15:48:07
Print Post

While that's annoying for you, it is probably good news for a lot of people - that's the first I've seen of any semi-official comment that there is going to be an infill programme!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 16-Dec-11 15:52:06
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Infill has always been on the cards, but is heavily dependant on things like BDUK monies, take-up suggesting commercially it makes sense etc etc

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to