General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User R0NSKI
(newbie) Sat 03-Mar-12 01:20:10
Print Post

Re: Just when is Canterbury getting Infinity?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

There were two spreadsheets leaked from BT, somebody took out all the empty postcodes to make it smaller when merged together. Any postcodes not in the spreadsheet, or any cabinets not listed for a postcode mean that they were not scheduled when the spreadsheet was leaked, so best hope your on the 20% of lines listed.

Apart from asking a BT engineer I've not come across another way since I've been looking, unless you can physicaly follow your line.
Standard User ccxo
(member) Sat 03-Mar-12 16:32:09
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
When I search for CT27LN on the "big Spreadsheet" for FTTC 2012 I find the cab serving 20% of lines, no other cabs are listed for CT27LN. What exactly does this mean and is how do I know if my line is on this cab or not?

The other 80% of the lines are serrved by cabinet 73, there is no date yet for FTTC.

NDCAN CANTERBURY CT27LN {NDCAN}{P73} 0 80%

You will have to wait and see once the first lot of cabinets are enabled, if a second round are scheduled.
Cabinet 73 is most likely the one on the stonebridge road once you come over the bridge into the new estate and is on the right.
Most likely it will be enabled as its a new build residential and i would expect it too appear in the next spreadsheet.

My Broadband Speed Test
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 03-Mar-12 22:36:52
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Send BT a message via this page, I was unsure as to which cabinet my house is connected to, and received a response the next day informing me my cabinet number.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 09-Mar-12 12:32:05
Print Post

Well BT Appear to be installing fiber to the cabinet just over the bridge into Kingsbrook Park. There are two vans plus a roll of what looks to be fiber, its a thickish black cable. However, will Openreach have to put a new FTTC cab, next to the existing one, or will FTTC be installed into the current one?

Looks like I am definitely on this cab asked on of the technicians and he said I was, so I can only now hope I am one of the 20% of lines to get FTTC.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 09-Mar-12 12:47:10
Print Post

So I am just a bit confused about something, It looks like CT2 7LN is getting FTTC by 30-June-2012 or so the BT checker is stating. However, I found this out by searching the post code checker on the BT infinity page, but using some of my neighbours house numbers. Now as far as I know, these houses are on the very Cab. that Openreach is currently working on, the same one I am.

But, when I do a check for my house address I get: "Sorry, you're not currently able to get BT Infinity. This may be because your area has not been enabled yet...", but my area is going to be enabled by 30-june or so. Is there any way, once FTTC is installed, to request it. The neighbours house is only about 100m closer to the cab than our house.
Standard User Zadeks
(committed) Fri 09-Mar-12 13:31:38
Print Post

Check the wholesale checker on a daily basis.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 09-Mar-12 14:00:04
Print Post

... will Openreach have to put a new FTTC cab, next to the existing one, or will FTTC be installed into the current one?
FTTC is always a cabinet within 50 metres of the one (PCP) your line is connected to. I have a page about how it works.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 09-Mar-12 14:05:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
So I am just a bit confused about something, It looks like CT2 7LN is getting FTTC by 30-June-2012 or so the BT checker is stating. However, I found this out by searching the post code checker on the BT infinity page, but using some of my neighbours house numbers. Now as far as I know, these houses are on the very Cab. that Openreach is currently working on, the same one I am.

But, when I do a check for my house address I get: "Sorry, you're not currently able to get BT Infinity. This may be because your area has not been enabled yet...", but my area is going to be enabled by 30-june or so. Is there any way, once FTTC is installed, to request it. The neighbours house is only about 100m closer to the cab than our house.
20% of the lines at that postcode are served by cab 1, and that is in Phase 6a so I would have thought it would be live by now.

The other 80% are on cab 73, and that isn't sheduled at all as at December 2011.

When FTTC is available you have to order an upgrade or migrate to it. It isn't an auto-upgrade of your ADSLx.

Edit - just seen this has already been posted, before the post I just quoted/replied to frown.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 09-Mar-12 14:07:49)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 22-Apr-12 01:51:58
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

One thing I just don't understand is why no: 4 CT2 7LN is set to get FTTC by the 30th of June 2012.

However, my house number along with every other house number in this post code: CT2 7LN including the cabinet have no FTTC date.

This is on both the BT Wholesale checker and BT Infinity Checker. Also I can confirm that no 4 is on the same cabinet that I am on.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 22-Apr-12 11:45:04
Print Post

Also I can confirm that no 4 is on the same cabinet that I am on.
I agree it is a puzzle, but how do you know this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to