General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 22-Apr-12 18:51:24
Print Post

Re: Just when is Canterbury getting Infinity?

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

A few weeks ago a BT engineer was working on installing more lines to the brand new houses in Kingsbrook Park. I Asked him about BT Infinity Installation in Kingsbrook Park, which he had no solid information on. I then asked him this same question about BT Infinity's checker stating that number 4 was receiving Infinity in June and he said he was unsure of that. As he then said that number 4 was definitely connected to the same cabinet as I was and that it would be very unlikely that only 1 house in such a dense development would receive FTTC.

I suppose he could be wrong, but that is all I have to go on.

Also No 4 is part of a terrace housing and I think it would be odd if only a single house in a terrace was on a completely separate cabinet.
Standard User Jabes
(member) Sun 22-Apr-12 21:53:42
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Some parts of Canterbury are active now. My own order is in for infinity to be installed Wednesday!

Zen
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 24-Apr-12 15:32:09
Print Post

[re: Jabes] [link to this post]

Placed my order last night for 80MB Infinity!!! Shame i'm away next week so cannot get the engineer till i'm back, rats!
Cabinet is right outside my house so should get full 80MB or there abouts.
Moved from Croydon last year which just got enabled, and i'd placed my order and then had to cancel it forgetting i was moving house. so been 7 months for faster than 4MB internet...
Ed

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jabes
(member) Wed 25-Apr-12 12:06:17
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

My 40/10 service is installed and working now. The engineer said he had 3 to do today, 2 from my cab

Best wishes
James

Zen
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Wed 25-Apr-12 22:12:56
Print Post

Which cab were you again?

vFast Ltd
Downstream ~24336.33 kbit/s - ~2970.74 KB/s
Upstream ~10224.86 kbit/s - ~1248.15 KB/s
Standard User Jabes
(member) Wed 25-Apr-12 22:19:50
Print Post

[re: Yaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Yaz:
Which cab were you again?

35 I think (Old Dover Road, junction with Nackington Road)

- Zen Fibre
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 02-Jun-12 16:28:46
Print Post

Just came across this forum post.

Hopefully somebody can explain this to me. I am also a resident in the post code: CT2 7LN. Now on the December 2012 PCP document [[url="https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?snapid=S351604JNil"]Link]. It states that CT2 7LN is also served by PCP1, now I know there is also another cabinet PCP73 which serves 80% and is not planned to get FTTC.

However, PCP1 which serves 20% of lines (as I understand it) in CT2 7LN has been upgraded to FTTC in phase 6a. However, when ever I check any BT or BT wholesale checker not 1 house in CT2 7LN can get BT Infinity.

So what exactly is going on, should not at least the houses connected to PCP1 be able to get FTTC?

Also does anybody have access to the April document to see if PCP73 is planned to get FTTC in the future, I find it very strange that Openreach simply ignored this one considering it the area it server. I am also fairly certain I am also connected to PCP73.

Thanks anyway
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Sat 02-Jun-12 17:11:42
Print Post

FYI - the cab located on Tyler Hill Road near the Londis shop in Blean appears to be active. Work colleague of mine is getting FTTC installed Wednesday 6th June.

No change for the cab near the Royal Oak pub further up on Blean Common, still listed for 30th June.

vFast Ltd
Downstream ~24336.33 kbit/s - ~2970.74 KB/s
Upstream ~10224.86 kbit/s - ~1248.15 KB/s
Standard User Fugitive_Legacy
(newbie) Sat 02-Jun-12 17:28:34
Print Post

Does this mean roll out is still happening in Canterbury?

Went for a drive about a week ago and was shocked at how few FTTC cabinets I could find only found around 8, sure there are more though. And as far as I could tell Openreach started rolling out FTTC in January and seemed as if it was all over in less then 2 weeks.

Have not seen any new cabinets or OR large vans since February. But if the roll-out is still on going that is good news.

One thing that concerns me about this enter roll-out is the not spots it is generating. One area has around 76Mbps, 4 minutes walk and you are lucky to get 4 - 5Mbps. Luckily I can get around 11Mbps, but only 3 minutes walk you can get over 60Mbps.

Is there a long term plan for areas that seem to not be FTTC planned such as CT2 7LN?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to