General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 17-Mar-12 10:52:32
Print Post

Re: Bt infinity bandwith issues

[re: brv1973] [link to this post]

Hi. I have had BT infinity installed 2 weeks ago... Complete rubbish. Just like so many other users the speed is all over the place (normally around 2 - 6 MB download) speedtest result are similarly all over the place depending on which test site you use. The fact is though my broadband performance is actually worse than when I was with Virgin. I am now paying more money for a worse service. Dont get me wrong, BT engineers are very 'helpful' including all of the people at the overseas call centre!! I have now had 4 engineer visits (waiting for number 5 now!) spoken to the call centre about 10 times, new router and wifi hub.
If the speed issues are not sorted very soon I am reporting the whole story to WHICH magazine and cancelling my service because it fails to deliver what its suppose to and they have had ample time to sort it. I appreciate they don't want bad press but lets be honest here - the infrastructure is not fit for purpose - despite the multi-million pound advertisement campaign. Take my advice and DONT swap to BT INFINITY.
Standard User MHC
(legend) Sat 17-Mar-12 11:30:18
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

So your speeds vary from 16 to 48 Mbps ... whaty is wrong with that? apart from 48 being very unlikely and there is nothing wrong with 16 at peak times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Sat 17-Mar-12 14:06:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
I appreciate they don't want bad press but lets be honest here - the infrastructure is not fit for purpose - despite the multi-million pound advertisement campaign. Take my advice and DONT swap to BT INFINITY.

It may be congestion on your exchange, since even at peak times a speed test gives around 36.x Mbps for me. I am very pleased with Infinity so far (nearly had it a year now) and looking forward to the 80/20 uplift. (depending on cost of course).

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity
Say it with flowers, give her a Triffid smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 27-Mar-12 16:58:57
Print Post

[re: brv1973] [link to this post]

I have made 12 phones calls to bt, 5 of which put the phone own on me.
I had infinity installed this month on the 9th it works for a few hours then stops and i cannot get any connection at all. i am at my wits end and just need HELP
Standard User kasg
(experienced) Tue 27-Mar-12 17:35:16
Print Post

You may find it easier to get help if you register and log in.

Kevin

plusnet Extra 80/20 trial
Using OpenDNS
Standard User hoopla
(member) Tue 27-Mar-12 18:27:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Hi. I have had BT infinity installed 2 weeks ago... Complete rubbish. Just like so many other users the speed is all over the place (normally around 2 - 6 MB download) speedtest result are similarly all over the place depending on which test site you use.

That sort of variation seems odd.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/13328... (this site) shows 3.5Mb down - about typical for this site.

A moment later, http://www.speedtest.net/result/1859280603.png shows something approaching the actual speed I get in general web browsing

So why is speed testing on thinkbroadband so useless?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to