General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User TraceT
(newbie) Tue 07-Feb-12 14:46:03
Print Post

Re: Digital Region - Littlebigone - Origin

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

"Ahh right ive been predicted 37/10 lol as stated in this thread one of the main reasons ive considering the DRN over BTOR network is the upload if i get bunged on 2 meg i wont be best pleased haha,

Ive been looking at info on the website about the router and it states it has 2 usb ports for sharing things, have you by any chance tested the USB ports out yet for sharing either a hard drive or printer "

No sorry we haven't tried the USB ports.
Had the printer connected to our old hub that way but then the scanner wouldn't work, so not bothered this time.

We were quoted the full 40/10, hope it's only temporary frown

Have you decided to go with LBO then, thought you were leaning towards Origin?
Standard User acpsd775
(committed) Tue 07-Feb-12 14:54:06
Print Post

[re: TraceT] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TraceT:
"Ahh right ive been predicted 37/10 lol as stated in this thread one of the main reasons ive considering the DRN over BTOR network is the upload if i get bunged on 2 meg i wont be best pleased haha,

Ive been looking at info on the website about the router and it states it has 2 usb ports for sharing things, have you by any chance tested the USB ports out yet for sharing either a hard drive or printer "

Had the printer connected to our old hub that way but then the scanner wouldn't work, so not bothered this time.

Ah oki not a big problem really ive actually got a network printer (wireless) but ive also god a second printer (normal usb) i want to add ill have to wait and see.

And im still not 100% yet ive got about 3 week left on my sky contract apparently so getting as much info & pros n cons of both, origin do seam to have a bit better support but also a bigger install charge and separate modem router which although not a problem its far from ideal and dont want to be flaking out £75 install then having to buy a 50 quid combined VDSL router lol,

I dont mind doing the billboard thing to get £25 knocked off so that knocks install to £25 with LBO i am leaning a little more towards origin at the moment but well see how things go once ive got my phone line switched to the post office

the *fair usage* put me off little big one but after a chat ive found out providing you dont go multiple TB's a month they dont mind

Ash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky 9732kbps/ 796kbps + TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 4157Kbps/1536Kbps
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Mon 05-Mar-12 00:15:48
Print Post

Just a quick update in the end i did go with origin they are now starting to offer the same router LBO offer (the combined one) in the next month and hes said hell pull a few strings and make sure i get one even if they haven't started using them before my actuation date, Second the static IP Which is fairly important to me little big one offer it but charge £3.00 for 1 origin give 1 free and then 2.50 for 2 extra ones if needed. theyve given me the install cost spread over 3 moths so makes it easyer to pay for it and in all i find the support at origin to actually be a lot better than LBO. origin also 100% dont mind business usage whick may become usfull in the next few months as me and a friend are looking at a few business opportunities so all in all they ticked more boxes.

Just waiting for my install date Estimated about 25th march but could be a few days either way

Ash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky 9732kbps/ 796kbps + TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 4157Kbps/1536Kbps

Edited by acpsd775 (Mon 05-Mar-12 00:16:43)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User yoda2691
(experienced) Mon 05-Mar-12 11:06:57
Print Post

I would appreciate you posting updates as I too am considering this sort of move.
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Mon 05-Mar-12 11:17:24
Print Post

[re: yoda2691] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by yoda2691:
I would appreciate you posting updates as I too am considering this sort of move.

I will defo keep upto date along the process of my order smile

Ash

Standard User TraceT
(newbie) Mon 05-Mar-12 11:48:48
Print Post

Been with LBO over 5 weeks now.
Got the cap of 2 meg Up removed just by asking and now get an average of 37down and 9 meg up.
I must admit that I haven't felt a massive speed increase just browsing and using iPlayer despite the speed test results. Other members of family say file download times have increased however.
I think my expectations were too high.
Still don't have Caller ID working either, they say its been passed to the manufacturer of the router to look at :rolleyes:

Been thinking we should have gone elsewhere.
Hope yours goes smoother and according to plan! wink
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Mon 05-Mar-12 11:58:08
Print Post

Been with LBO over 5 weeks now.
Got the cap of 2 meg Up removed just by asking and now get an average of 37down and 9 meg up.
I must admit that I haven't felt a massive speed increase just browsing and using iPlayer despite the speed test results. Other members of family say file download times have increased however.
I think my expectations were too high.
Still don't have Caller ID working either, they say its been passed to the manufacturer of the router to look at :rolleyes:

Been thinking we should have gone elsewhere.
Hope yours goes smoother and according to plan! wink

good to here about the upload, i spent 2.5 year on 50/100meg and when i went on ADSL down to 10 i noticed it hugely mainly because we are a internet hungry household lol always fighting for bandwidth lol and now ive ditched the sky TV our bandwith is gunna double watching everything on netflix crazy, so i cant wait to get back onto 40 and when they upgrade to profile 17a in a few months ill defo be going on the upto 80 lol.

I wont have any of the phone pobs you have because ive kept line rental as PSTN with post office it wouldn't bother me having it as voip but ive already got a sip account with sipgate and dont want a second lol i still send faxes too (yes i know cronker tec there lol) so a full voip line would not work for that.

The only thing that is a bit off putting is the install time it takes ive been quoted about 3 week but after reading on FB page some one was waiting 2 month, Openreach seam to take digital region connections as very low priority, ive got 2 ADSL connections the one been replaced and a second one so i wont have any downtime but i would be a bit miffed off if it took 2 month lol, How long did it take for your fitting with LBO

Sorry for the little essay lol

Ash

Standard User TraceT
(newbie) Mon 05-Mar-12 12:08:38
Print Post

I had to give BT at least 30 days notice even though I was no longer in contract. LBO sales told me to ask for a cease date though.
BT then said "an engineer" rejected the original date and was re-scheduled for a week later so took 5 weeks in all. From what I can remember it was something to do with moving the phone services over that delayed things.
I wasn't kept up to date with anything from LBO from ordering right through to the install day, I had to contact them them frown
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Mon 05-Mar-12 12:14:27
Print Post

I had to give BT at least 30 days notice even though I was no longer in contract. LBO sales told me to ask for a cease date though.
BT then said "an engineer" rejected the original date and was re-scheduled for a week later so took 5 weeks in all. From what I can remember it was something to do with moving the phone services over that delayed things.
I wasn't kept up to date with anything from LBO from ordering right through to the install day, I had to contact them them frown

ahh im ok with that sky dont have a 30days period on phone/broadband anymore so as soon as contract was over was free to just request mac and go lol my PO phone transfer gos live 12th this month so next Monday and at origin he said it would be about 3 week from the 2nd but im a bit pessimistic lol i think it will be more 5 week lol as long as i dont get charged till it actually is live i dont mind so much
Ash

Standard User TraceT
(newbie) Mon 05-Mar-12 12:35:14
Print Post

Info for anyone considering LittleBigOne.
This is what LBO email confirmation from Sales said;
"Providing the cease date is no sooner than 25 days, we will aim to have your littlebigone.com services activated within 24-48 hours after your current services end."

TraceT
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to