General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Mon 05-Mar-12 12:54:55
Print Post

Re: Digital Region - Littlebigone - Origin

[re: TraceT] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TraceT:
Info for anyone considering LittleBigOne.
This is what LBO email confirmation from Sales said;
"Providing the cease date is no sooner than 25 days, we will aim to have your littlebigone.com services activated within 24-48 hours after your current services end."

TraceT

But it still took 5 week?

Ash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky 9732kbps/ 796kbps + TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 4157Kbps/1536Kbps
Standard User TraceT
(newbie) Mon 05-Mar-12 13:11:35
Print Post

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by acpsd775:
"Providing the cease date is no sooner than 25 days, we will aim to have your littlebigone.com services activated within 24-48 hours after your current services end."

TraceT

Ash

Yeah, but only took longer because of BT.
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Mon 05-Mar-12 13:24:26
Print Post

TraceT

Ash

Yeah, but only took longer because of BT.

Ahh yea BT are useless haha

Ash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky 9732kbps/ 796kbps + TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 4157Kbps/1536Kbps

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sat 31-Mar-12 16:00:07
Print Post

just an update i ended up cancelling origin order because it was going to take 3 month to install, BT bodged the date up for OR FTTC yet again so order placed with LBO all going well now haha

Ash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 5252Kbps/1608Kbps Soon to be with little big one up to 40meg FTTC
Standard User TraceT
(newbie) Sat 31-Mar-12 17:30:28
Print Post

just an update i ended up cancelling origin order because it was going to take 3 month to install, BT bodged the date up for OR FTTC yet again so order placed with LBO all going well now haha

Ash

I would love to hear what you think when you have been connected a while.
I was expecting to experience the WOW factor by now, but sadly not.
Speed testers still give decent results and downloads are much improved according to other family members but browsing experience is pretty much the same as before FTTC. Some sites even seem slower to me frown
Still no caller ID, but strangely works on the second call with Call Waiting enabled,..... LBO say it has been reported to the router manufacturer ZyXel.
Oh, and I hope you don't have to speak to anyone regarding your Direct Debit, as all I get is long periods of silence as the lady I spoke to {of foreign name and accent} doesn't understand me!

Are they keeping you informed and up to date along the way as they say they do? I didn't hear a thing after I signed up.
I really do hope you can post back with something positive when your up and running though.
LBO seem to be the only ISP doing any kind of publicity at moment for Digital Region.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 31-Mar-12 18:08:06
Print Post

web browsing will not alter significantly once you get to about 5Meg unless latency drops significantly

A webpage is a collection of many individual downloads, and not all will happen at the same time. Some browsers have tweaks to allow more threads at a time, thus speeding up delivery of page elements.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sat 31-Mar-12 18:30:37
Print Post

Ash

Speed testers still give decent results and downloads are much improved according to other family members but browsing experience is pretty much the same as before FTTC. Some sites even seem slower to me frown
Still no caller ID, but strangely works on the second call with Call Waiting enabled,..... LBO say it has been reported to the router manufacturer ZyXel.
Oh, and I hope you don't have to speak to anyone regarding your Direct Debit, as all I get is long periods of silence as the lady I spoke to {of foreign name and accent} doesn't understand me!

Are they keeping you informed and up to date along the way as they say they do? I didn't hear a thing after I signed up.
I really do hope you can post back with something positive when your up and running though.
LBO seem to be the only ISP doing any kind of publicity at moment for Digital Region.

Hi yea i chat to them on Facebook every couple of days so they keep me upto day there also keeping me upto date on their TV it launches this Tuesday coming so im looking forward to seeing what channels their going to be offering smile

ill defo keep you up to date once activated i just took BB kept phone with post office so wont have any phone related probs

As MrSaffron says web browsing you wont notice a diff when i used to be on 100meg with virgin i did not notice a diff to the 11meg im on now with basic web browsing flash/java sites do benefit though such as pogo.com and you tube but general pages no diff at all i download and stream a lot which is were the extra speed shines lol

Ash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 5252Kbps/1608Kbps Soon to be with little big one up to 40meg FTTC
Standard User TraceT
(newbie) Sat 31-Mar-12 19:49:11
Print Post

Ash

Hi yea i chat to them on Facebook every couple of days so they keep me upto day there also keeping me upto date on their TV it launches this Tuesday coming so im looking forward to seeing what channels their going to be offering smile

ill defo keep you up to date once activated i just took BB kept phone with post office so wont have any phone related probs

As MrSaffron says web browsing you wont notice a diff when i used to be on 100meg with virgin i did not notice a diff to the 11meg im on now with basic web browsing flash/java sites do benefit though such as pogo.com and you tube but general pages no diff at all i download and stream a lot which is were the extra speed shines lol

Ash

Streaming for us isn't always buffer free though either. We can't always just click on a YouTube vid or stream iPlayer at high quality. It seems to vary, and yet the speed tests seem to be consistent.
I've only heard about the TV announcements via Twitter.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 31-Mar-12 19:55:03
Print Post

Try watching the traffic for youtube, you might find its not your connection but the server limiting you.

While youtube won't be on a shared 100 Meg service, it may still have limits to avoid one person sucking lots of bandwidth but only watching a second or two of a clip

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User TraceT
(newbie) Sat 31-Mar-12 19:59:49
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Try watching the traffic for youtube, you might find its not your connection but the server limiting you.

While youtube won't be on a shared 100 Meg service, it may still have limits to avoid one person sucking lots of bandwidth but only watching a second or two of a clip

I've considered it would be something like that, that's why I haven't griped directly to LBO.
Obviously my expectations were in fact too high by moving on to FTTC.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to