General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sat 31-Mar-12 20:12:45
Print Post

Re: Digital Region - Littlebigone - Origin

[re: TraceT] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TraceT:
In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Try watching the traffic for youtube, you might find its not your connection but the server limiting you.

While youtube won't be on a shared 100 Meg service, it may still have limits to avoid one person sucking lots of bandwidth but only watching a second or two of a clip

I've considered it would be something like that, that's why I haven't griped directly to LBO.
Obviously my expectations were in fact too high by moving on to FTTC.

Yea i have to agree its most likely you tubes end if you notice you can go on 1 vid and it loads like lightning then click another 2 mins later and its like been back on dial up lol

Ash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 5252Kbps/1608Kbps Soon to be with little big one up to 40meg FTTC
Standard User alexatkin
(learned) Sat 28-Apr-12 17:23:48
Print Post

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

Definitely to do with YouTube servers I have exactly the same issue on Origin.

Some days it buffers the whole file at lightning speed, other times it just stalls out right.

Even on the same video you can sometimes find the 480p version plays fine but the 720p or 1080p version refuses to load, or the opposite. Its obviously down to if the server that particular file is coming from is heavily loaded or not.
Standard User LeJimster
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 29-Apr-12 14:43:18
Print Post

well keep us in the loop on how your LBO connection goes etc. If you want to chat to people on the network, there is a nice little place I frequent over at drlforum.co.uk .

I want to move over to the Digital Region, but I'm waiting to see what the new technical team do regarding the latency issue that some people experience on the first hop into the network.

I will probably move over to Origin if all goes well later in the year, but I do have the option of going with the devil (BT FTTC) if necessary.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sun 29-Apr-12 15:22:20
Print Post

[re: LeJimster] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by LeJimster:
well keep us in the loop on how your LBO connection goes etc. If you want to chat to people on the network, there is a nice little place I frequent over at drlforum.co.uk .

I want to move over to the Digital Region, but I'm waiting to see what the new technical team do regarding the latency issue that some people experience on the first hop into the network.

I will probably move over to Origin if all goes well later in the year, but I do have the option of going with the devil (BT FTTC) if necessary.

Ive been with LBO since the 12th now for the first few days i had pings af about 25 then after about 4 days they shot up to 40 after a quick phone call to LBO support they tweaked a few things and now there round about 25-28 pingtest i know on FTTC this can be a lot lower but it dont affect anything i do been around 28 still an improvement on when i was with sky

PS im a member of DRLforums (ash45)

ash

littlebigone.com FTTC 59744/25360 kbps Bigtv+ IPTV Package + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 5252Kbps/1608Kbps

Edited by acpsd775 (Sun 29-Apr-12 16:13:16)

Standard User LeJimster
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 29-Apr-12 17:02:45
Print Post

oh hey ash, great stuff. I wonder what LBO "tweaked" on your line as I'm not convinced they are able to do much. I'm currently looking through the Draytek support sites to see if there is an option to force your connection not to use high INP settings and/or interleaving.

Oh and alex is on here too.. Didn't notice till just now =).

Edited by LeJimster (Sun 29-Apr-12 17:04:02)

Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sun 29-Apr-12 17:10:57
Print Post

In reply to a post by LeJimster:
oh hey ash, great stuff. I wonder what LBO "tweaked" on your line as I'm not convinced they are able to do much. I'm currently looking through the Draytek support sites to see if there is an option to force your connection not to use high INP settings and/or interleaving.

Oh and alex is on here too.. Didn't notice till just now =).

Im not sure TBH like i say i actualy had about 25 from the min it was connected but i had a bit of a stability problem so between 10PM and midnight my router reset every 20 mins, But when they sorted that out my pings went to about 38-40 i phoned back up to tell them the drop outs had stopped but the pings had rose first they gave me a free static IP upgrade thinking it would take some of the routing off didn't seam to do anything he then said well try some tweaks and monitor for 24 hours, After 24 hours they rung back said it looks like its sorted (id already noticed this from my BQM on here) did a few pingtest.nets and ever since its stayed between 25-28 in general obviously n some games it can be a tad less or a tad more depending on the server and on the + side got a free static IP saved 3 quid a month lol

My Broadband Ping

Ive been downloading quite a lot since about 11AM downloading my entire steam collection re installed the pc last night lol which is probably why there's a bit of blue lol

Ash

littlebigone.com FTTC 59744/25360 kbps Bigtv+ IPTV Package + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 5252Kbps/1608Kbps

Edited by acpsd775 (Sun 29-Apr-12 17:20:23)

Standard User LeJimster
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 29-Apr-12 23:14:47
Print Post

It sounds by default Thales has set lines up on the cautious side. I've not seen a sub 20ms line yet on DR. And the fact you were having issues and it rose to 40 indicates to me a rise in INP which has a direct effect on your latency. If it works anything like ADSL2+ my bet is you can turn off INP and sacrifice a bit of speed but get much lower latency. Infact, I know it's possible because I've seen the option on a European VDSL ISP as I was looking around.

Edited by LeJimster (Sun 29-Apr-12 23:15:53)

Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sun 29-Apr-12 23:20:14
Print Post

you know i think thats what they did but i still get 42meg threw put lol its meant to be 40 so still get 2 more than i should haha,
Yea Thales do set all the line profiles and stuff hate are available so it stands to reason their the problem for the pings but TBH id much rather have a fully stable 20-30ping than a 15 with fek loads of jitter like with virgin media lol which i used to have and unless its 90+ your not going to notice any lag in games i was with sky ADSL or a year with pings of about 60 and never 1 bit of lag

Ash

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 18-Jun-12 20:04:55
Print Post

Hmm no complaints here
sub 20ms DR line
I'm with Origin Broadband and the service is awesome.
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Mon 18-Jun-12 20:26:50
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Hmm no complaints here
sub 20ms DR line
I'm with Origin Broadband and the service is awesome.

This is mine speed test

LBO super fast package got interleaving turned off its still 100% stable

Ash

littlebigone.com FTTC 70000/23828 kbps Bigtv+ IPTV Package 588M from the cab 6dB snr 22Aten
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to